Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Texas Abortion Ban: What It Means and What Happens Next : NPR

With the U.S. Supreme Court mum, a new law went into effect in Texas that bans abortions after about six weeks of pregnancy. That's well before many women even know they are pregnant.

The law allows private citizens to sue abortion providers and anyone else who helps a woman obtain an abortion — including those who give a woman a ride to a clinic or provide financial assistance to obtain an abortion. Private citizens who bring these suits don't need to show any connection to those they are suing.

The law makes no exceptions for cases involving rape or incest.

(On NPR they reported that the six weeks doesn't start with conception but from the end of the woman's last menstrual cycle. Meaning they have effectively banned virtually all abortions in Texas)

snytiger6 9 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wonder if this gets overturned if it'll result in a lot of late term abortions and unwanted children in the system.

They want poor people to reproduce, it gives them more cannon fodder.

@Barnie2years It's cheap labor for the corporations and cannon fodder for their wars.

How do they possibly know when a woman's last cycle was? This is fucking absurd. A while back I told women to kiss their uterus goodbye. This is what I was talking about.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:619735
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.