Agnostic.com

10 1

For everyone expressing opinion as to who should be treated when infected?

"As a doctor, here’s my message to anyone who thinks it’s OK to deny medical treatment to those unvaccinated against Covid"
[rt.com]

FrayedBear 9 Sep 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just so glad it's not my job to decide......I'm satisfied letting the ones, that have taken oaths, to try to do the right thing....and be they right or wrong, they are still the best qualified.

Would you treat the drunk driver first or the family he plowed into?

If I were treating, it would depend on which one I got to first.

@HankSherman That is the worst cop out non answer ever.

@BufftonBeotch playing god now?

@BufftonBeotch Hank is very definitely not copping out. Where will your discrimination end ? Will you not treat someone because they are a different religion, colour, ethnicity, IQ, education, gender, member or non member of a different club, service company, town, state?
Why are you now doing this but didn't do it for people infected with flu, tb, measles, etc.?

@FrayedBear An anti vaxer would yank a vent out of the throat of a child to have it for themselves.

@BufftonBeotch If true, it's not it's an inflammatory slanderous generalisation, that is a different issue - it's a crime of attempted or actual murder if death occurs.
And now you are copping out responding to "Where will your discrimination end? Will you not treat someone because they are a different religion, colour, ethnicity, IQ, education, gender, member or non member of a different club, service company, town, state?
Why are you now doing this but didn't do it for people infected with flu, tb, measles, etc.?"

@BufftonBeotch you are hard to please.....so fuck you

If these idiots don’t want to be part of the community solution to stamp out this virus, then why should anyone care about them? The doctors who did the walkout were right! The doctors who are forced to pick and choose who gets a ventilator are right. There comes a time in life when you have to look at the reality of the situation. The reality of the situation is we have thousands of idiots who do not care about their fellow Americans. I don’t care about them if they don’t want to be part of the solution to this problem. If they die they die.

The infected should be treated. I see a great many people who oppose this maybe until they become infected. Misinformation is the cause of such behavior.

Problem is, there should not be one specific answer to every case. When the problem gets worse sometimes the rules have to change. We have had this debate before and people often deal with an intractable rule with their feet and then everyone suffers. I once had a trauma cataract. It affected one eye only. However, I was extremely myopic. The doctor told me that both eyes needed new lenses. He also said there were some doctors that thought it wrong to replace a perfectly good lens with an artificial one never mind the fact that I would never be able to have perfect vision (my myopia was due to the shape of my eyeball not the lens). Rules need to change given certain circumstances and the following of ones 'faith' and not to give a vaccine is just as bad as one who routinely treats everyone (responsible for their condition or not) to the point of a total breakdown of the health care system. I am a pragmatist and on this area I stand firm.

Sadly there has been discussions among the health care folks as to how they will prioritize care if there are no more beds or actual people to care for all the ill people. Some places are overwhelmed and just what do you do when there is no staff?
That the ignorant have put health care providers in the position to decide who gets a bed and who is sent home is seriously fucked up.
If it comes down to it those who stand the best chance of surviving if given treatment "win". One of the things that has angered me is the maga crowd all upset about the 13 military people killed at the end of the Afghanistan evacuation when there have been people dying from treatable conditions because the un-vaccinated have taken all the ICU beds. If they were so worried about the great men and women of our military they'd get the damn shot and not let a veteran who did 2 tours in Afghanistan die of a treatable condition. This actually happened in Texass.
Many of the hyper patriot trump supporters are the ones who refuse to get vaccinated, wear a mask or physically distance. They are the ones literally sucking all the oxygen and beds in some areas of the United States.

Thank you for revealing more hypocrisy in the conservatives. Problem is, this hypocrisy is what a lot are used to and don't seem to have the intelligence to even question.

@JackPedigo It's the same issue with systemic racism. You might enjoy this interview. Let me know what you think.

@silverotter11 From what I have read, and it makes sense to me, racism is often just deciding who gets what. It often it starts during a time of few resources but than stays even when the majority have their fill. That might be behind the nice racism 'discussed.' Since we are primarily a 'white' culture we think we deserve all the spoils. This happens across all cultures, white, black, yellow red or whatever. I think if little green men came down to the Earth they would set up a system against all humans and we might be hollering 'green supremacy.'

We had one woman on our ZPG board who wanted lots of kids (she lived in Bellevue and had the resources). She had two and then learned about overpopulation and stopped. She often interviewed other woman (mostly middle class) about limiting their progeny. Almost all answered that, yes it is important but the minority class and the poor tend to have more kids (studies often bear this out) and then they would soon become the majority. Is this Racism?

Interesting take on a white woman making these observations. I wonder how people might respond to a white male making such comments. Gender or skin color (or culture) should have little to do with it. Did you see my posting about a 17th century priest being the first to bring feminism to light? It is an Atlantic article, though. If you have a library it is worth reading as some of his ideas are even radical today.

I think during these times those of us who are connected to what is going on in the country are concerned about being 'white.' White people are not automatically guilty, just look at how many have been injured or even killed in the cause for civil rights. How many 'whites' feel guilty because of their skin color?

Unfortunately, at this time the overt racism is furthered bu the economic conditions so we are back to the resource cause. When resources get scarce women, children and 'outsiders' are last in line. I try to look to natural causes not immediately branding people, although some do deserve branding.

@silverotter11 I am discriminated against simply because that is what I believe?

@JackPedigo I guess I've seen what both these women are talking about. I see it with my twin, she has a friend who is black so therefore she is not racist. BUT she will turn right around and agree with Reagan's trope about the welfare queen who is just lazy and having kids to suck off the system. This is normal thinking for her.
I've seen with some people around here and back when I was working in the printing industry.
I agree when resources are limited those at the bottom suffer the most but systemic racism is already built into our justice system and many just accept it without really examining it.

@silverotter11 Interesting discussion on the news tonight. It's about a study of the composition of those in the jan 6 insurrection in DC. Not at all what one would expect. It's on. Site amanpour &a company New study shows us the single biggest motivator for th Jan 6 capital insurrection. It is not what you think and it fits into this discussion.
I saw it on YouTube but can't link it with my I pad.

@JackPedigo I'd really like to hear that one. I'll see if I can find it. If not I'll get back to ya to get more info so I can track it down.

@JackPedigo Is it the one with Professor Robert Pape? It's dated May 6, 2021.

@silverotter11 Yes. As per my comment about the woman who were worried their lower fertility might lead to an increase in minorities, this seems to be a big driver according to the study. Sometimes things are going on of which we have no idea.
This is important so maybe I should post it.

@JackPedigo If you havee been following Heather Cox Richardson in her youtube videos from last year on her History of the Republican Party this is one one the things she covers. Lincoln's view was a shift to beleiving the government did play a role in helping people have a better life and of course ending slavery.
Once the war was over the people opposed to the end of slavery and still very interested in keeping their way of life alive used the trope that in order for freed blacks and the poor to have access to those benefits you will take wealth away from hard working haves via tax dollars AND if you give them the right to vote they will vote for those programs that take money from the wealthy and give it to the lazy, ignorant balck and poor. Lynden Johnson said it and this is not the exact quote, it you can convince a poor white man he is better off than the poor black man you can get him to vote against his own best interests.
Then raygun came along with his take on it calling people of color the welfare queens, lazy and taking from the hard working middle class.
Oh! and one of the things that fueled the white fear of black men was the up rising in Haiti. Early on there were more enslaved blacks down south than there were white people. The white feared if their slaves learned of the uprising they would revolt and so the militia was formed to go after run away slaves and protect their fragile women folk. Yes these fools actually believed black women did not feel pain, were much stronger/durable than white women and so therefore there was a great need to protect the white women. There is still today a very big prejudice in the medical profession. Long rant for another day.
This concern/fear/anger with whites goes way back and politician continue to play the ignorant poor whites. This group that showed up in DC on 1/6 may not be as poor and ignorant as the white sharcroppers of the south after the Civil War but they are fueled by an unreal fear that one political party has used for over 150 years.

@silverotter11 Of course, the group with the most to gain often have the money and bull horn to get their messages (often false) across. The usual divide and conquer philosophy used by every self-serving politician from the beginning of time. That's why it is said the Democracy is the worst form of government, but still better than all the others. Here is a different take on the subject of civil rights. Remember, industry wants a pliable and cheap workforce. Blacks in this country no longer fit that bill but desperate immigrants do.
[overpopulation-project.com]

@JackPedigo And then as the demand for better wages was getting louder the industries of steel, automobile, shipbuilding, and manufacturing left the United States. If the cheap labor can't come here we'll just go there. 😟
Just a breif coment still reading the article.

@silverotter11 Of course two sides of the same coin. When we ship work outside the US people get upset (even though prices are lower). When we bring workers here people get upset (even though the perceived prices are lower). In the end we will pay more for goods and services. Considering the dwindling of resources we will also pay more for goods and services. Either way we are screwed and there is no magic solution but to recognize we need to reduce or halt the demand side.

To @Barjoe, @Castlepoloma and @Paul4747 - I'm reminded by your responses of the interpreted & edited words of Martin Niemöller

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

[en.m.wikiquote.org]

Even Niemöller shows his prejudice against the mentally ill, the Russians, the Sinti & Rom by not including them.

Don't put me in the same category with morons like @Castlepaloma and @Paul4747

@barjoe haven't you just replied "Let them die."?

@FrayedBear Fuck em. So what!? They choose their path. Jesus would protect them. Let them meet up with that fictitious god of theirs. It won't matter.

A more charitable interpretation is that he showed editorial judgement in not listing every possible group, since he could have gone on for pages that way. The point was made.

To all the antivaxxers who get infected with Covid. Let them die.

There is few other natural remedies that will work. Even when my chances are better then 99% survival rate.
Yet to do nothing, is unreasonable and risky.

It's "everyone", isn't it?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620685
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.