Agnostic.com

8 24

My daughter has sent me the same birthday card for seven years.

I am lucky to get birthday cards from Claire. She always writes a heartfelt, loving letter inside. "This card says it all," she began in the first four years.

When I opened the envelope two days ago, I burst into laughter. Called to thank Claire for the birthday card and gift.

"It's hilarious that you have sent me the same birthday card for six or seven years!" I said, laughing. "Did you buy stock in this birthday card?" I joked. "It's very sweet."

"No, I didn't realize I've been sending the same card," she said. "I search through birthday cards and this is the best one."

"I'm sentimental," I replied. "Since you were little, I have saved your letters and cards, and write your age and the date on the back. I love your beautiful letters."

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Happy Birthday!

@MissKathleen

Thank you, dear!

You are the only person to wish me happy birthday. Good catch!

What does that say for the Hallmark selection of birthday cards for moms?

@HippieChick58

Good point.

I last saw my children 29 years ago, their mother had lied to the police and I was in handcuffs, she paraded the children in front of me and told them that I was a 'bad man'.
What I wouldn't give for a birthday card of any kind from one of my children. They no longer bear my surname and I finally stopped sending money with no response after 27 years of payment.
Enjoy the love that you have, my life is full of goodness but there is a hole in my heart, I call them the three R's - Rachelle, Ryan and Robert. May they all be happy and well, my life isn't important by comparison.

free pass.

Consider yourself lucky to get a card of any kind.

My son Bobby does the same

The thought is what really matters and counts. This coincidence makes a great story. 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620773
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.