Agnostic.com

22 1
  1. Not enough! 😆
Ryo1 8 Sep 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Eight... and there are other great cities I've visited.

9, but like @AnonySchmoose said, I've been to a lot of other interesting cities. I'm hoping for some of these in the future, though.

9 but I'm going for more, never enough

15 and I agree with you that is not enough

I try to avoid cities, but I have done four.

I seem to remember that you've been to the Middle East, no?

@Ryo1 Yes but not to any cities.

Only 6 if implying the famous cities: Miami, Chicago, Las Vegas, Las Angeles, New York, Moscow Russia,

Otherwise, I have been to or thru some not so popular ones including but not limited to: Berlin Tx., Paris, Tx. Athens, Tx., Dublin Tx and Dublin Ohio, Cairo, Illinois, Warsaw, Indiana, Lisbon, Ohio, London, Ky.

Word Level 8 Sep 6, 2021

Thanks for reminding me: I'm been to Moscow, PA

Only three for me! And two of those were in the US!

dkp93 Level 8 Sep 6, 2021

Me too. I'm guessing they're the same cities. NYC, Chicago and Montreal.

@barjoe Lol, close! NYC, Chicago and Toronto. Not sure if Toronto should even count since I was in the 4th grade!

@dkp93 It counts. Never been to Toronto but I've been to Ontario. Chicago twice. Montreal once. NYC hundreds of times.

Only 6 for me, unless Moscow Idaho counts! Maybe I'll be able to hit a few more in the next 10 years or so.

We have both been to the same place, I have only driven through. One has to be careful where one stops.

@dalefvictor Both my kids attended WSU in Pullman, WA, so we'd drive across the border to Moscow for dinner when I'd come to visit for "Mom's Weekend" and such. Kids always knew where the cheap food was, haha!

Ten…and would be happy to visit most of the rest.

Nine of these!!!

But have lived and worked on three continents which entails a further twenty or so cities which are three to four hours or more from those nine in the list above!!!

Which city did you find most interesting?

@Ryo1 I wander the back streets of cities and avoid tourist area. I thought Rome was the friendliest. But I also love Paris.

@ADKSparky Ha! You're like me!

Thirteen of these, but I’ve come to prefer more out-of-the-way places and a nice stretch of countryside. Big-city culture is getting too homogenized. Last time I was in Paris, for example, it’s charms seemed lost in the frantic bustle, and I felt so much more relaxed and open to new experiences after I rented a car a took a cross-country drive to Arles in the south. I still love the history, arts and culture the cities offer, but would rather move on to just hang out.

I agree! Big famous cities are OK to visit once to do very touristy things.

I also visited Paris once. The Segway tour was fun! I also went to a local market where I liked the down-to-earthness of local folks.

I find very little difference between London, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Sydney, Athens and Perth. The charm is elsewhere: Faro, Piriac-sur-mer, The Lynd, Hay-on-Wye, Oban.

14…

5 :'(

Why is it important or relevant? Or is it just silly and random? And who is going to care or how does it matter?

Of course this is just silly and random. You're jealous. Lol

@Ryo1
How about this... I am safely anchored in one place, stable, healthy and happy instead of going around like a vagabond? 🙂

@St-Sinner Fair enough. My home is where my family is. There is a whole world out there. I just want to experience different cultures. I visited Mumbai once. I was privileged to attend a friends' wedding. It was very interesting!

@Ryo1

What year was Mumbai in? Would you go back as a tourist again? Some have told me they would love while a few said they would never go back.

@St-Sinner I think I know what you mean. I can't remember what year but I was there in December. a few years ago. It was kinda educational. I saw for real the huge gulf between the rich and poor. The food was nice! Very different from the Indian takeaway I get in England! The Hindu wedding was wonderful. Big, bright and colourful. Yes, I would go back there, and I would visit different places. India is huge.

@Ryo1
You are very right about these:

~ Hindu weddings are huge, long and aesthetically pleasing
~ Food has tons of choices, is colorful, flavorful and is known as vegetarians' heaven
~ Huge gulf between the rich and poor is just like in Brazil. In both they say if you can live like the top 1%, you will live better than in any rich country in the world.

@St-Sinner At the wedding ceremony, the priest rushed a little towards the end. We found out later that he didn't miss the cricket match that was just about to come on telly. Lol! And at the wedding reception, a cook came to my table and gave me a fried egg. He said "I hear that you are from England. Here is your extra dish. I'm afraid this is the blandest thing we have on our menu." We both laughed like children!

@Ryo1

Ha... Ha... Does not surprise me. If there is an important cricket match, people just don't go to work. There is a record that when the cricket darling of the country was about to complete his 20th century, a train stopped at a station including the driver and mechanics and did not leave the station until he completed the century.

The restaurant thing was funny. Some places in Asia are not self absorbed like some Western. They are very welcoming and hospitable. I visited Uzbekistan and many fruit and bread vendors did not accept money. Tipping waiters is also considered rude.

1, seriously, just one. Why not Cleveland, Phoenix, San Juan, Buffalo and Albuquerque? Oops, two. I did not see that Toronto was on the list.

Not interested in visiting any place outside North America?

@Ryo1 Never had the opportunity. Some people do not have the resources for extensive travel. I'm lucky to have gone to the places I have been. I used to want to go everywhere. But my life has been mostly about getting through the day. 😟

@MyTVC15 It's important to get the priorities right. 🙂

Two.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:620812
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.