Agnostic.com

8 9

Donald Trump just endorsed Democrat Stacey Abrams for Georgia governor.

Donald Trump really doesn't like Brian Kemp. Like, a lot.

How little regard does Trump have for the current Republican governor? So little that in a campaign appearance in Georgia over the weekend, Trump sounded like he would be just fine with Stacey Abrams, Kemp's 2018 opponent, becoming governor in 2022.

"And Stacey Abrams, who still has not conceded, and that's OK," Trump said of the former state senator. "Stacey, would you like to take his place? It's OK with me."

" ... Of course having her, I think, might be better than having your existing governor, if you want to know what I think. Might very well be better."

In several rants against Kemp (and Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger), Trump argued that the reason neither was willing to overturn the 2020 election results in the state was because they were afraid of Abrams. (Abrams formed a voting rights and accessibility group following her narrow 2018 loss to Kemp.)

"Brian Kemp, Raffensperger, and your state leaders surrendered to Stacey Abrams," Trump insisted. "They totally surrendered to her. I think he's afraid of Stacey Abrams. I don't understand that. Stacy, you know, you have a great team. OK?"

And then he did it again.

"Your state leaders surrendered to Stacey Abrams and allowed themselves to be bullied into a disastrous consent decree that effectively abolished signature verification and paved the way for massive fraud," said Trump. "And they don't want to do anything about it. They don't."

Trump is at war with his own party.

What Trump's praise for Abrams and harsh criticism of Kemp (and Raffensperger) should remind us all of is this basic fact: Donald Trump is as much (or even more) at war with his own party as he is with Democrats.

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We can only hope he blows the party to smithereens. Maybe then they will quit sucking up to him.

Donald Trump is at war with anyone that doesn't bow to his will.

Unity Level 7 Sep 27, 2021

@Unity

Exactly.

Go for it

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 27, 2021

I've noticed that about conservatives (Republicans these days) in general.

As far as I can tell, they're 'for' almost nothing. They run by bringing down their opponents -- usually but not always people outside their group.
For instance they push for tax cuts but even that is cutting something (as much as they like to frame it as 'letting you keep your own' ).

Their tribal motivations only work up to the point that they agree with others in the contest entirely.
Since they don't seem to have positive agendas of their own, they're stuck either agreeing with the others or trashing them -- even if they're on the other side.

When your people don't strongly enough play the loyalty game(and I think these days that's all tRump has) you're forced to make tough decisions.

They're selfish to the point that they can only back an idea if it benefits their specific, individual pockets.

That is hard to believe.

No, he's at war with Republicans who don't acknowledge him as their undisputed leader and arbiter of reality. Trump has created the first major personality cult in American political history, and it's consuming the GOP from the inside out. He could get reelected in 2024, the GOP is working hard to make sure of that no matter what the vote tallies are.

If #45 keeps running his mouth he may start to alienate some of the remaining literate people in his party. Not the base, just the ones with the money.

Good, the worse off the Repuglicans are, the better.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624925
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.