Agnostic.com

8 19

LINK Wannabe Vigilantes the Oath Keepers Reportedly Hacked

Just weeks after releasing a 180-gigabyte treasure trove of data from the far-right’s preferred domain registrar and web host, the non-profit journalist collective Distributed Denial of Secrets (DDoSecrets) has uploaded a cache of data that was allegedly pilfered from the far-right, anti-government Oath Keepers group.

The Oath Keepers are best known for arriving in force at standoffs with public lands managers and demonstrations for far-right causes across the country, as well as showing up with guns at Black Lives Matter protests. They generally present themselves as a group of concerned citizens aiming to keep the peace, protect constitutional rights from a tyrannical government, and shield local businesses from looting—despite effectively operating as a band of unlicensed, armed-to-the-teeth vigilantes who try to raise posses of like-minded individuals, praise vigilante violence, and generally raise tensions wherever they go. According to the Washington Post, many longtime observers of Oath Keepers describe founder Stewart Rhodes as less a militia leader than a grifter who is talented at riling up extremists and exaggerates the size and influence of the group; other segments of the far-right, such as white supremacists, have derided them as delusional boomers.

snytiger6 9 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Karma lol now burn them

bobwjr Level 10 Sep 29, 2021

They are all bunch of thieves

Just breaks my heart. LOL

May I offer you a postage to wipe away your very apparent tears of sorrow....LOL.

What a shame. HAR!

Aw, my heart bleeds for them, NOT.

Can't hide behind their masks. Now their mommies may decide to kick them out of the basement.

They are a bunch of thugs. That need their guns taken away.

Punks is a more appropriate term.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:625081
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.