Agnostic.com

11 10

LINK 9 Discontinued Canned Foods You'll Never See Again

Say it isn't so!!! 😢

Progresso makes the only edible Minestroni In a can. 😤

SeaGreenEyez 9 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm with you regarding the minestrone. Hopefully it isn't one of the 40 flavors they cut.

As for the pumpkin spice flavored Spam, it's difficult to imagine anything that would qualify as more of an abomination.

I won't miss the Trader Joe's Vegetable Chili. It was not that good, and too watery. The Trader Joe's Black Bean Chili it replaced was much better. Hopefully they will bring the Black Bean Chili back. If not, I can make my own (recipe available on request). It's just that theirs was almost as good as mine, and a lot more convenient.

Canned soup is mostly a starter for a larger recipe for me.

I have heard of most of those items and did often buy the TJ's vege. Chili. I wondered why I could no longer find it. Still, like the report said, Amy's still stock that item in several varieties and it is a favorite of mine (when I do go to canned foods which is not often). I actually have a spaghetti sauce recipe that calls for vege. chili. Wonder why TJ's discontinued it. They do that sometimes.

I hope Progresso kept Italian Wedding, Lemon Orzo.. they're the closest to homemade I've tasted..
Or Hormel Deviled Ham..as a kid I thought it was the ultimate in Luxury...it's now cheaper than Campbell's condensed soups..

I would never buy any of those, anyway, so good riddance to rubbish.

Most won't be missed

Progresso was a respectable product, but Chef Boyardee and Franco American are disgusting… may as well eat Swansons TV dinners! 🤢

Never ate the items mentioned so I'll Not miss them.

As a single mother who worked at least one/sometimes two jobs....back in the day, my daughter thought that the canned mac & cheese was HOT STUFF. I'd add vegetables into it and it worked. Obviously now...it's out of the question but people had different standards in the 60s.

Does anyone else remember canned turtle soup and canned mock turtle soup? They “went away” about seventy years ago.

YES...and my stomach's roiling!

ICK and YUCK. I cook at home from scratch.

No wonder I'm popular with man-children who never learned to cook. Shoo!
I refuse to be a kitchen slave.

Ditto.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:625762
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.