Agnostic.com

6 6

California law to eventually ban gas-powered lawn equipment

[newsobserver.com]

FearlessFly 9 Oct 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If grass was meant to only grow two inches high that how high it would grow. For a time I used a scythe - when it got knee high. Pissed off the neighbour who mowed his at least weekly to say nothing of watering it twice a day.

These days I simply don't grow it covering the ground with weed cloth.

Forlorn lore for lawn law.

Out now.

Ban the Bermuda.

Get off the gas.

Sod sods.

Good for them. I love to see democrats suffer after they voted for what they’re getting.
Fucken beautiful.

I don’t live in CA, but all of my lawn equipment is already electric powered. It’s really not a big deal. People are just used to gasoline. They will adapt.

Ban them or ban the sale of new ICE lawn equipment?

Per the article: “California will soon ban the sale of new gas-powered leaf blowers and lawn mowers.”

@Apunzelle There should at least be federal emission standards for all lawn equipment nationwide

@barjoe Couldn’t agree more!

Ban grass!

Gasoline-powered leaf blowers are more polluting than cars -- has been widely known for a while.

Indeed! The article refers to a study done some four years or more ago that compared gas powered leaf blowers with your basic Toyota Camry. You’d have to drive the Camry 1,100 miles to make as much pollution as one hour of operation of the leaf blower.

@p-nullifidian but only about the equivalent of 2 minutes in one of your filthy military vehicles.

@FrayedBear You mean those filthy Russian military vehicles or those filthy Australian military vehicles?

@barjoe The Australian ones all came from USA. So unless they are what you import from China . . .

@FrayedBear Thankfully, the filthy military vehicles are few in number, comparatively speaking. Diesel big rigs, busses and locomotive engines are a major contributor to air pollution.

@p-nullifidian what about all those tanks, transporters, hummvees, B52 bombers etc.?

@FrayedBear They serve a very important purpose.

@FrayedBear There are quite a few of them indeed, it’s just that they’re not often sortied, and their numbers pale in comparison to the commercial economy. Civilian airliners conduct roughly 36,500,000 a year (100,000 flights every day), and account for the lion’s share of aircraft air pollution.

@barjoe boosting your damaged egos? Allowing you to be world bullies? 🤣

@FrayedBear "filthy military vehicles"

It is hard not to notice that you seem to 'delight' in bashing the US . . .

. . . which country can be documented as having a preponderance of energy efficient vehicles ?

@FrayedBear How about those filthy Russians that you admire so much?

@barjoe lol, they run on vodka don't they?

@barjoe And leaky radioactive cells don't they? Thats why many more men in Europe are prematurely bald!

@FearlessFly I suspect none.

@FearlessFly and in regard to "It is hard not to notice that you seem to 'delight' in bashing the US . . ." may be because I've had 70+ years of the wasteful pollution created your countrymen's internal combustion engines to say nothing of the monumental lies told to enhance or maintain your country's assets.

@FearlessFly, @barjoe have you watched White Tiger?

A short excerpt:

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:627470
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.