Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Avoiding water bankruptcy in the Southwest: What the US and Iran can learn from each other - Nevada Current

I am very mindful about my water usage. I use a wet brillo to wipe plates/silverware before turning on the tap to rinse them. I put a 2-cup mug the faucet when starting a shower so the cooler water is not wasted. I flush every 3rd visit (if necessary). I'm alone and not active so wash clothes every three months (I wait until I'm out of clothes). These are just a few of my intentional and mindful hints. Become aware of what water you waste and how it might serve another purpose than just down the drain. This is not a drill and drilling won't get us out of it.

rainmanjr 8 Oct 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Important food for thought. How people in arid regions landscape and garden is also important. Water management includes practices you point out, as well as replacing water-hungry lawns, capturing household "gray water" for use in toilet tanks or in the garden, capturing precipitation from rooftops into rain barrels, sculpting landscape swales to direct water in the landscape and slow down runoff, selecting plantings for drought tolerance, and mulching effectively to help soil retain water longer.

There is a terrific documentary to check out called "Re-Greening the Desert," with John D. Liu.

All fine thoughts as well. Thanks.

All of he "solutions" create new ecological problems somewhere. The problem is simply too many people populating the landscape, overusing limited resources.

I completely agree.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629524
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.