Agnostic.com

7 9

LINK Actor Chad Kimball Claims He Lost ‘Come From Away’ Job Over Religion – Deadline

Broadway actor Chad Kimball has filed a lawsuit against the producers of Come From Away, claiming he wasn’t rehired for the show’s post-pandemic return to the stage after he spoke out against Covid restrictions on religious services.

Kimball, an original Broadway cast member of the musical when it opened in 2017 (and performed in several pre-Broadway engagements), alleges in the suit that the production’s “failure to re-hire” him in the role of “Kevin T.” for the post-shutdown return was based wholly or partly upon his religious faith.

(I think it had more to do with protecting the image of the production, as he publicly said some pretty stupid things about the pandemic)

snytiger6 9 Oct 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Any rational person would fire someone who spoke out against public health measures during a pandemic. Who wants a disease spreader on the job? Has nothing to do with religion.

Thoughts & Prayers 😁

Aw so sad, so bad, I'm ever so glad.

These jackasses always seem to bring up their religion when something bad happens to them. It was because of my religion that you fired me or broke up with me or whatever. Idiots!

He may be out of luck here. The pandemic changed everything and religious nutjobs went crazy on that and masking. Recently I have had inside looks at what producers want for roles an actor auditions for and they no longer even care if you are SAG-AFTRA or not. That union used to be powerful. Not so much today.

Unless he had a contract that specifically stated he would be rehired in the event of global pandemic, pretty sure he's going to be SOL.
🤣

To quote from his own guide book of morality:-

"Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629650
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.