Agnostic.com

6 12

LINK Daycare Owner Who Hid 26 Kids in Basement Gets 6 Years in Prison

A former daycare owner was sentenced to six years in prison for keeping 26 children hidden in the basement of a facility in 2019, Howard Black, a spokesman for the 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office in Colorado, told Insider.

In August, Carla Faith, who owned the Play Mountain Place facility in Colorado Springs, pleaded guilty to 26 counts of child abuse, one count of attempting to influence a peace officer, and three counts of operating a daycare without a license, KRDO reported.

snytiger6 9 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Should receive 60 years….

Parents need to be careful of who they are handing their children over to. But I feel for the parents who are trying to scrap by and that means both parents work long hours to make enough money to exist. I don't know if that is the case here for the parents.
I knew a single father who got up at 5am packed three sleeping kids into his car drove to a carer and unloaded sleeping kids, carer gave them breakfast and got them ready for school, they then went to after school care and were picked up by carer who gave them dinner Dad collected them at 7pm to take them home for bed. Why? because his wife walked when the big house and kids she wanted turned out to be not what she wanted and the property market had dropped so he owed more than the house was worth and was trying to keep the house for the kids so they did not end up in a two bedroom rented flat. She was not working so no money from her.
I was trying to get after school care to listen to the kids read and they were saying it was not what they did. Took a bit but I got them to concede that the kid and dad needed some support. So I could see him going for cheap day care.

I feel sorry for the children. I don't understand why some parents put money first and don't value the early childhood education. Parents should invest more time investigating the child care program before enrolling their children.

Sick asshole.

I'm glad she was caught and put away. That said, where the fuck were the kids' parents? Were they so desperate for cheap or any childcare? Did the witch just change diapers at the day's end? So many questions.
Now if some agency would start investigating those religious run child care centers.

Fucking monster should have been given a year for every child she abused!

No license. Make you a bet that she started this coz some people day care with no license. Greed sets in and she wants to get more and more kids. Look at this money now. Opps! Got to hide them coz too many kids now, so in the basement with what will always end up as unsanitary. Greed does not allow her to see the abuse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629793
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.