Agnostic.com

9 15

LINK Facebook Services Are Used to Spread Religious Hatred in India, Internal Documents Show - WSJ

Mark Zuckerberg praised India in December as a special and important country for Facebook Inc., saying that millions of people there use its platforms every day to stay in touch with family and friends. Internally, researchers were painting a different picture: Facebook’s products in India were awash with inflammatory content that one report linked to deadly religious riots.

snytiger6 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is Facebook getting a raw deal here? Trying to hold them responsible for what people do on their platform? I mean don’t people use their cellphones? And their computers and their cars and gasoline etc, etc.. to do all kinds of horrible things every day?

I don’t see anyone holding Smith and Wesson responsible for all the people being killed everyday by the guns they make. We should be going after the people who do the terrible things…the platforms are just that…platforms. Heck television can be said to perpetuate all kinds of hate…. But ….

Just saying…

And? Who cares? As long as there are no calls to violence, people should be able to say whatever the hell they want. If Facebook wants to editorialize their website, then they should lose their ability to be a platform and treated like a publisher

Isn't this a mini FaceBook?

Wrong

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 25, 2021

Another example of that religious zealots are the same all over.

Facebook collects information and sells it. They also use it to manipulate public opinion. This is the "why" of the likes, clicks, and views, etc.

Farcebook needs to stop supporting religious hate.

Now who would have guessed that Suckerbook and Suckemberg would allow that to happen ?
Me, for one, going on how I was sent to Suckerbook Stalag 31 3 times for merely giving my very unfavourable opinions regarding Islamic Terorists, Jihadis and other religions as well.
It is a kind of well known, imo, thing that Suckerbook/Sucemberg tolerates NO disrespecting of the Religions he thinks are the epitome of human needs, i.e. Islam, Christianity, Judaism and Mormonism in particular with Hinduism, Shintoism, etc, etc, nowhere on that list at all.

Yes, they are vilifying the Hindus. The Muslims are saying that the qurant was being disrespected in a Hindu temple. Religion just stinks.

Show me a Koran and I'll show it ALL the disrespect it truly deserves.

@Triphid Are you sick of living?

@Jolanta Nah, but have always had a habit of holding tigers by the tail though.

@Triphid One day it will turn around and bite you badly.

@Jolanta Tried that back in the very late 60's and all the received was a question as how they wanted their cups of Tea, white and sugar or white, etc.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629984
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.