Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK Texas man charged with murder after shooting someone in a car outside his home. He told police it was self-defense - CNN

(CNN)A Texas man is facing a first-degree murder charge related to the fatal shooting of a man sitting in a parked car outside his home earlier this month in a case the victim's family believes could test the limits of the state's so-called stand your ground law.

The confrontation began in the early morning hours of October 11 in Martindale, a small town about 35 miles south of Austin.
Terry Duane Turner, 65, told police he woke up to use the bathroom and "discovered an unknown vehicle with its headlights off, to be parked inside of the driveway next to his pickup truck," according to an arrest affidavit obtained by CNN.

Turner said he returned to his bedroom to get his handgun and ran outside to find the headlights of the vehicle turned on, according to the affidavit. Turner told police that the car rapidly backed out of his driveway, he chased after it, and "struck the front driver's side door window twice with his handgun" and fired the gun, striking the driver, the affidavit said.

The victim was identified as Adil Dghoughi, 31, according to police.

Dghoughi's girlfriend, Sarah Todd, told CNN the couple was visiting her cousin in San Antonio prior to the shooting and Dghoughi left to drive back to her home in Maxwell. Todd believes Dghoughi got lost in Martindale and pulled over to look up directions when he was killed.

According to court documents, Turner told a 911 operator after the shooting that "I just killed a guy," adding that Dghoughi "started racing away and I ran after him. He pointed a gun at me, and I shot."

Investigators didn't find a gun in Dghoughi's possession, according to the affidavit.
Turner turned himself in Friday morning on the felony murder charge, according to Caldwell County's Criminal District Attorney Fred Weber. Turner was booked shortly before 10 a.m. and bonded out less than two hours later, according to online records from Caldwell County.

snytiger6 9 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Odd that he would pull into someone else's driveway. If he lied about him having a gun, I wonder if that's also false. I've had the police called on me several times while sitting in my car at local parks. "Suspicious" is too vague a term to act upon. Some people are irrationally paranoid.

Who wants to bet shooter white, dead guy dark skinned?

Yep. A 65 year old white male shot a 31 year old Moroccan who had a master's degree in financial analysis from Rhode Island's Johnson & Wales University.

@RichCC I guess I was just lucky with my guess. 😂

@Barnie2years White people think they have the right to murder black people who make them uncomfortable.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630161
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.