Agnostic.com

5 7

LINK Judge Rules Two Deceased Men And Injured Man Could Not Be Referred To As Victims At Kyle Rittenhouse Trial

A Wisconsin judge is laying out the final ground rules for the trial of accused Kenosha gunman Kyle Rittenhouse, including what evidence will be allowed and the testimony of a use-of-force expert.

Rittenhouse is accused of shooting three people during a police brutality protest, killing two and injuring another. Judge Bruce Schroeder ruled that the two deceased men and injured man could not be referred to as victims.

"The word 'victim' is a loaded, loaded word," he said, according to WLS-TV. "'Alleged victim' is a cousin to it."

The news station reports Rittenhouse sat silently in the courtroom as his defense team and prosecutors argued the last minute motions. The then-17-year-old allegedly patrolled the streets of Kenosha with an assault rifle following the Jacob Blake police shooting in August 2020.

(I'd like to point out that 17 was too young to legally carry a firearm)

snytiger6 9 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That pretty much negates the prosecution’s claim. It was self defense.

Whether or not the targets of Kyle Rittenhouse’s illegally possessed firearm (he was 17 and in possession of a loaded gun, a circumstance only permissible if he were hunting) are labeled ‘victims’ is, quite frankly, immaterial. The facts should be the deciding factor in determining guilt.

One wondered if it was actually self defense as he claims, why he walked through the police line smiling and not saying anything, and why he just went home and didn't report anything.

@snytiger6 No need to wonder, my friend. It’s racial entitlement and privilege that allowed him to behave in this manner.

After reviewing the video multiple times, it looks like the kid defended himself. People were hitting him when he was on the ground one with a skateboard and another with a handgun. One guy he ended up killing was a convicted child molester.

Tejas Level 8 Oct 27, 2021

I watched the video

and it appears Kyle first shot a man for no apparent reason. He was then chased by others who wanted to stop and apprehend him for the first shooting. It appears like he is defending himself, but he is in actuality trying to escape being apprehended by people who witnessed the first shooting. Please don't try to justify his actions because it was discovered after the fact that one of the shooting victims may have been a child molester. At the time of the shooting Kyle had no knowledge about that. He first shot a man for no apparent reason, then shot two more people who tried to stop him.

@snytiger6 the first person he shot was also chasing him while throwing things at him. I don't care to speculate on why the first man was chasing him, but I'd say its probly something to do with angry rioters seeing armed citizens trying to stop them from looting and destroying things. The first person that he shot was also the convicted pedo. ( I can't play your video but both separate incidents are on YouTube)

@Tejas That's not what I saw. I saw him and teh shirtless guy (the first guy he shot) facing each other, and although there was action aroudn them, it appeared Kyle just shot the guy.

An absurd ruling.

I saw. That judge should be removed. Problem is, the DA most likely I isn't much better.
The families of the deceased need to have good lawyers for their civil suits and, now, add the judge into their complaints, possibly even the DAs office as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630589
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.