Agnostic.com

28 6

What do you embrace most about being an Atheist?

I like the fact that I can take responsibility for my own actions, not God or Satan. I also like the fact that I can embrace reality and have a true understanding that when things happen, it's not because the Universe is out to get anybody, but it is just one of those things that happens. Last but not least, I also like the fact I am free from any religious dogma and embracing my sanity. I protect my mind like it is sacred.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have to figure it out for myself. Not as set of beliefs that you get at the door, and if you buy them, then you are in. One of the UU principles - a free and responsible search for truth and meaning. It is up to me.

i love the freedom. religion is a device for control . i am not being controled i am free to enjoy life without limitations . i also cherish my life more. i know when lifes over its over so i now reapect life much more. i cherish everyday i get. ive allso more smarter then i was when i was christain . i look at thangs from different points of view and learned the universe and life is so complex.

Could have not said it better myself! You do learn to respect life more.

I like the fact that things finally make sense now. Trying to have faith in a so called good supernatural being made it difficult to make sense of everything else.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.