Agnostic.com

3 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Hate-Preacher"???
Which one....there are
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
many of them...Of course, they
Only Hate in the name of God! {go figure}

The only time the white and black fundamentalist preachers come together is when directing their hate of LGBTQ and Atheists.

Chappelle has his defenders on this site, as far as I know none of them are trans (they'd have to be pretty self hating). Comic's tend to think they should be able to say anything, they cause a lot of hurt because of it. As for the "hate-preacher," they seem to be a common phenomenon in religious circles, especially among the ignorant.

Comedy is not ment to be taken too seriously, the goal is ment to make people laugh. Dark humor is something alot of people have and enjoy and it should be encouraged. "Comedians have a responsibility to be offensive" ever heard of "sticks and stones"? Or if you get offended you can just watch something else

@Tejas So an individuals laughter trumps the hurt caused to a whole class of people? I hate to think what you were like as a child.

@Theresa_N it's jokes it's not an attack on anybody. I hate to think what you're like now. I've seen LGBT people not offended at all by his comedy. Some people can take a joke and others can't and that's on them.

@Tejas It's not "jokes", it's insult humor. It's Trump mocking a reporter with a disability all over again.

Sure, I can go along with people joking with me about myself, my character, whatever. But when it becomes insults about who & what I am, that's not the same thing.

@Paul4747 it is jokes, and the fact you have to try and turn it political proves my point. If you are offended don't watch it, simple as that

@Tejas You turned it "political" just now. Naming a politician, who happens to be famous for punching down, does not in & of itself make it a political debate. Trump just happens to be a miserale human being who insults people publicly. I could have named Hannity, Tucker, Bill O'Reilly.... it's just a coincidence that so many conservatives also like to go around insulting people.
The point is not whether I'm offended, the point is whether Dave Chappelle is another miserable human being or not. IMHO, yes, yes he is.

@Paul4747 a little bit hypocritical though huh? It's OK for us on this website to bash and make fun of the religious or right wing(and not just for their beliefs), but a Comedian says somethings you don't like he's a terrible person. Come on dude, get out of your echo chamber.

@Tejas Uh huh
I can't speak for anyone else, but I mock the deserving for what they do, which is different from who they are.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:631666
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.