Agnostic.com

12 11

Top US Catholic bishop calls social justice movements ‘pseudo-religion’

[religionnews.com]

xenoview 8 Nov 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ignoramus asswad.

When I read articles by clerics such as this, it scares me because I think they actually believe the nonsense they preach.

Hes an abject imbecile

Stupid. Bad arguments. Hypocritical. Silly, but also racist. UnChristian. Undocumented: straight argument by assertion. He's applying the label of religion as an epithet, while wearing pompous robes. Then admits his frustration is that people are leaving his precious church (growing up).

It's far too late for him to grow up.

Archbishop José Gomez is dangerously mentally defective.

Perhaps putting it as " Mentally Defective and Dangerous ?

For the Catholic Bishop only.

Inner sanctum of Social Justice League accuse bishop of delusion.

Embarrassing and ridiculous. He sounds like a bitter, cynical man.
He hates Biden 'cause he's pro-choice. A lot of Catholics have gone Republican over that issue.

It is not a “pseudo-religion,” it is a religion.

I'm too lazy to write a full reply. He's a moron.

Add ABSOLUTE to that.

So a religion then?

ALL religions are fundamentally ersatz

My response to him - bullshit. Some justice movements are, or have been, needed because of fucking religion. Slavery, sexuality, women's rights, etc.

You got it. When organized religion consistently focuses only on the afterlife and spiritual development, while neglecting to lead or inspire people to change the here and now for the better, at the societal level as well as the personal level, then social movements are necessary to fill the void. If doesn't like it, tough titty....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:632131
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.