Agnostic.com

4 2

Will 5G networks result in major aircraft problems ?

FAA has 'deep concern' about 5G network plan on aviation safety

[reuters.com]

FearlessFly 9 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Technical issue, it will be resolved like Y2K was.

We have not yet been told what evil lurks behind 5G and until then we will just not know. Be afraid, be very afraid.

I remember when bar codes were the mark of the beast, when vaccines were poison, and when eggs were very very bad for you.
I tend to take hysteria in stride now, even if there's some actual issues, they're typically resolved long before they become serious problems.
You know like Y2K.
If I were an expert in 5G I'd weigh in with a technical opinion but I'm not really qualified and frankly neither are most of the other people on agnostics.
Remember when you couldn't use old flip phones on airplanes?
Then 9/11 showed everyone that those old flip phones worked just fine.
At my company we make everyone working on a circuit board wear a grounding strap, but we work with high voltage circuitry, it's just a precaution but also a professional requirement in our corporate culture, that doesn't mean science agrees it's necessary.
I'll keep an open mind, someday your entire life may depend on 5G, or there could be a CME like the Carrington Event Sep 1, 1859 – Sep 2, 1859 which burned up our telegraph system ending the telegraph sex industry for all time.
Should it happen now none of our phones or GPS systems would work, it would take decades to rebuild and we'd be laughing and asking each other if we remember when we thought 5G would screw up all those grounded aircraft.

I posted last weekend about a potential CME coming -- luckily it didn't.

(for privacy reasons) I use a $15 flip-phone every day 🙂

I have just received today an upgrade to a gigabit modem/router that is 5G capable (I'm only paying for 300mbs so far).

I also recently received a PinePhone64 BE and still working on installing a day-to-day workable OS
There are about 20 possible, (but some are not yet ready).
I'm very Linux knowledgeable/experienced but smartphone/wifi noob 🙂

@FearlessFly Pine phones are great for mobile robot and drone applications, or as portable wireless system monitors.

FAA To Take Regulatory Action Over 5G Altimeter Interference

[avweb.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:632641
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.