Agnostic.com

6 9

Meet the "bulldozer of the Aussie Bush," aka the Wombat, the fur covered Tank, the only marsupial known to have cube shaped droppings.
The wombat may not look like much BUT it has earned its nicknames well, hitting wombat in a car is definitely NOT advisable because chances are the car will come off second best and the "Bulldozer of the Bush" might get a few bumps, scrapes and bruises but it will usually walk away.

Triphid 9 Nov 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Koala is universally seen as the "cutest" of the marsupials. I have always been partial to the Wombat.

Ah yes, the cute, cuddly, loveable Koala, also known as "the Expert at Pissing all over anyone holding it."

@Triphid I like the Tazmanian Devil as it has my personality.

Never met one but, I love the idea of Wombats, because we have such a lot in common; bad attitude, portly figure, nosy, and a strong tendency to turn round and show the world my big ass.

But can you 'shit bricks' and fart like bloody thunder?

@Triphid Only one of those two, I leave you to work out which.

@Fernapple The latter I presume....LOL.

Kate found this some time ago and it makes her laugh everytime she sees it.

Brolga, aka Kangaroo Dundee, I've met him in the flesh so to speak, he found it quite interesting how we both shared the same nickname of Brolga.

Much cuter than the Koala.

And for those who may be a bit doubtful. here are some pictures of Wombat droppings.
Now you know the origin of the Aussie saying of "Shit a Brick."

They shit briquettes! So that’s what they fire up the BBQ with!! 😂

@Barnie2years No way Jose, those things stink.

They look like a tiny bear!!

You've never seen nor met a wombat then i presume?
Adults weigh in at anywhere between 30 and 50 kilos, they have claws that can dig through the TOUGHEST of soils and rocks, they are grumpy, bad-tempered buggers most of the time in the wild and can deliver a very nasty kick or a very vicious bite as well.
In other word, they are about as friendly a Tiger Shark with a severe toothache.

@triphid hmmmmmm..... Never seen one in the wild... A grizzly bear can weigh well over a half ton..... Ive seen them take a large log and with a swipe of their paw slap it out of the way to dig grubs out of the soil...... They too have the attitude to match!!

@Redneckliberal Yes, Bears have both the size and the attitude to match, where Wombats have the attitude, the muscles and BELIEVE they posses the size as well.
In "Wombat Zones" it IS a regular thing for them to undermine the foundations of houses and buildings and IF left undetected or remedied the house or building can collapse quite dramatically as well.

AND...they're actually cute! As a long-time zoo educator, I can attest to the shockingly piercing noises they make when they're breeding! Believe me...a wooing wombat is not a thing of subtlety! 🙂

(Probably not the first response you expected, is it Triphid?)

Oh I've heard their Mating 'Serenades' (??) plenty of times, BUT IF you want to hear something that will CHILL you to the bone try listening to the REAL horrors of the Aussie Outback, The Tassie Devils, they real make your blood run cold.

@Triphid That was my first thought when I heard the wombats..."How does anyone in the bush get to sleep when the wombies are wooing?"

Our Tassies just died of (very, VERY) old age. Funny thing about those...they look just like cute little pups, don't they?

@LucyLoohoo Yes, cute as pups but I wouldn't have one as pet for quids.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:633702
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.