Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Advantage Plans are no advantage - Villages-News.com

Those celebrities are selling people down the river.

barjoe 9 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've known this for some time. Namath, Walker, Glover, Shatner. They all go 24/7 and year round. This is because you can change your provider all year round. My agent works for the Ming Agency and he told me that. I've had him now for years. Just for the halibut (nuk nuk) I did recently call to see how much of my $144 I could get back and they told me $50 a month. I told them to stick it.

Always find a good and respected insurance agent. I had a good one in Pennsylvania and found a trusted one up here in Illinois. As @AnneWimsey says she likes her plan and I am OK with mine. Of course, getting better coverage and Medicare for all would be grand.
Oh, and yes, do avoid the media ads, their plans are often promises they don't fulfill and much more costly.

I Love mine! ( Not the ones with Celebrity spokespersons) What is your take on them?

I don't have one but I've heard that the limitations on the network available in smaller towns can be very detrimental to your health. I had a friend that was in the Oklahoma legislature and I think when they first came out it was during the first Bush administration. The Advantage plan actually gets more payment from the government. She seemed to think the purpose was to eventually move us all to commercial plans and then do away with regular Medicare. If that ever happens, I have a feeling the advantage plans were no longer have any advantages.

@Lorajay I understood doctors simply had to apply to be covered under "whatever" plan & it was just some paperwork, no judgements or investigations made.
The companies Do cap what they doctors can charge, as does Medicare.
So if the doctor can't be bothered, why should I bother with them?

Love mine! Way less than I was paying for my work insurance and the benefits are 100 times better.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634629
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.