Agnostic.com

40 4

What's your favorite comedy movie?

Mine is the Pest. A movie from '97.
More modern, I'm a fan of Get Hard.

Haven't seen any comedies in awhile though. What's your favorite?

Bonus: Anyone see The Hitman's Bodyguard? (I haven't, but I'm wondering if anyone would recommend it).

silvereyes 8 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm about to age myself here but 1979's Monty Python's "Life of Brian" is my favorite comedy ever. I watched this on the big screen and laughed so hard I thought I might pass out.

Being John Malkovich

skado Level 9 Dec 3, 2017

I don't really have a specific favorite, but here are some I really like:

• Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (Peter Sellers, multiple roles, need I say more?)
  • Wedding Crashers (the "confession" scene alone is worth it, but it's a solid comedy throughout)
  • Big Trouble (great cast, funny and unique plot, seriously underrated in my opinion)
  • Deadpool (so much filthy, antihero fun)
  • The Jerk (Steve Martin is brilliant in this, hooked by the very first line of the movie)
  • The Wedding Singer (my favorite of the Adam Sandler movies)
  • Annie Hall (been a while, I should watch this again)
  • Casablanca (not actually a comedy, but the first two-thirds of the film are legitimately hilarious)
  • Grandma's Boy (just a lot of fun — a turn-your-brain-off kind of movie)

I don't go to the movie theater often, but Deadpool was the most fun I've had in a theater ever. It was so good.

I like a few Sandler movies. The Wedding Singer tops the list, but I really liked The Waterboy, too. Grandma's Boy is a Happy Madison production, and it's very entertaining.

@SKDeitch, Big Trouble is one of those gems that nobody seems to know about. The novel is a Pulitzer prize winner, the movie itself is star-studded, and it's so much fun from beginning to end, with a crazy amount of character diversity and such a nuanced plot you wouldn't really expect.

My favorite is an oldie "Raising Arizona". It was the first movie I ever saw Nicolas Cage in, and he was so good that I thought he was my favorite actor, until I saw him in every other movie he was in. It turns out, it was the Coen brothers that made him look good.

That was good. I need to find that dvd. Thanks

"My Cousin Vinny"

Two of my favs were already mentioned Life Of Brian and Raising Arizona.

- Team America, World Police ~
Varn Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

I’d never heard of it.. had smoked some weed with a GF, she brought up the puking scene on her phone - laughed till we nearly did the same … then hunted the movie down! I’ve since watched it couple more times ...she’s gone, but it still cracks me up 🙂

I prefer Cannibal: The Musical, personally

I am a huge comedy fan and can not choose just one...

Holy Grail
Life of Brian
Meaning of Life
Sleeper
Take the Money and Run
Annie Hall
Clerks 1 and 2
Chasing Amy
Dogma
Blazing Saddles
Blues Brothers (original)
Raising Arizona
Stir Crazy
The Jerk
Roxanne
Rubber
Mr. Mom
Money Pit
Trading Places

Zster Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

Great list..I live a town over from where Clerks was filmed

The Big Lebowski... the Dude!!!

Monty python the holy grail

The movie Ted. It is so stupid but (spit my drink out) funny.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 3, 2017

I forced myself to watch Ted 2. I fell asleep 10 minutes in.

I've seen hitman's bodyguard it's really good.

your welcome

its a toss up between something about Mary and kingpin

When Harry Met Sally but a close second is Monty Python’s Holy Grail.

Religulous. Bill Maher.

Years ago, I heard 2 guys raving about how funny a movie was. It was "Something About Mary". I thought it was so dumb, I couldn't make it halfway through.

Great movie...lol!

Hellbender's was pretty funny. The Pest. I have a positive vague recollection of this movie. Hmmm...will go find it! Get Hard was a good movie. Haven't seen The HItman's Bodyguard. Forgot about it, actually. Sam Jackson and Deadpool guy....will give it a spin, too.

1,Life Of Brian but seeing as its so popular here too......
2.Trains Planes and Automobiles,two comdey geniuses(Steve Martin and John Candy) and another film I watch over and over and still laugh like a hyena.

The Money Pit.
Used Cars
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Snatch

I've never heard anyone mention "Money Pit" before! Many articles about Tom Hanks fail to mention it! LOVE the flick myself, especially once I bought a house.

I'm not much of a fan of comedies.

There's a couple for me. The first is Young Frankenstein. The other is Spaceballs.

SamL Level 7 Dec 3, 2017

up in smoke

turf Level 5 Dec 3, 2017

police academy

I own them all! those and naked gun were what I grew up with.. plus Monty Python..

What I find about comedy amazing is how things I thought were lying on the floor laughable 50 years ago, are now, when I watch them, quite corny. Also mood play a lot into it. I still like “There’s Something About Mary” though.

gearl Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

Home alone and dennis the menos.

Wow! Thank you. I almost died watching the crook get hammered with pant and iron and stepping on the nail...lol. and when mr. Wilson snorted that mouthwash up his nose... ohhh, I was crying it was so funny. I think it was mouth wash. Oh my, what a combination of fun these shows are.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6357
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.