Agnostic.com

8 8

LINK Psychedelics can change humanity for the better. It’s time to unlock their power | Rick Doblin | The Guardian

"In fact, four separate systematic reviews have been published this year highlighting the potential of psychedelic-assisted therapies for those conditions and more: end of life care, brain injury, neurodegenerative disorders, mood disorders, smoking cessation and addiction or dependence. Dozens of studies make a compelling case for rapid expansion of research into psychedelic-assisted therapies for serious mental health conditions."

JonnaBononna 7 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It was President Obama that lifted decades of anachronistic laws regarding even the study of psychotropics. It was illegal to even study them is an indication of just how stagnant the RepuDliklan Party is. Science deniers indeed.

I did a lot of acid and some mushrooms in the 70s, 80s, into mid 90s and can see the benefits to be had with these drugs. It is about time.

They have been shown to have medical benefit, the stoic old guard in medicine and government are not interested

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 27, 2021

If this class of drugs can make a difference for people I support scientific and clinical studies. Evidently MDMA a has made a very positive difference in the lives of veterans suffering from PTSD.

Unlike many drugs, this class of drugs does not create a withdrawal when they are just stopped. I'm sure clinical studies regulate the amount given and make it much safer than Street usage.

[verywellmind.com]

Studies are ongoing. The issue is whether the US will ever approve their use or if it will stonewall like it has with marijuana.

Having had serious brain damage due to a chiropractic manipulation causing a stroke, and struggling to become "normal" again in the decades since, you can Keep your mind-altering crap!

That's your choice. Shouldn't be kept from those it might help, though. I've known people with severe treatment resistant depression, and psilocybin has shown promise for releaf for them. I'm sure they'd welcome the chance. We're talking about micro doses.

There was a movie back in 1968 called Wild in the Streets. Watch it.

Like our streets are so safe and calm under the current police enforced narco gang driven system.

Sounds dangerous to me.

We're talking micro doses taken under a doctor's care.

@JonnaBononna MKUltra. Lots of people have been harmed by treatment given under a doctor's care.

@barjoe and lots more have been helped. I'm sure if you have a heart attack you'd go straight to the hospital. Others should have a chance of being helped. If you disagree with it, don't accept the treatment.

@JonnaBononna They said the same about electroconvulsive therapy.

@barjoe yep, lots of treatments end up failing. Lots also succeed.

@barjoe oh, yes,and full frontal lobotomies, like they did to that Kennedy sister. Soooo reversible, just like this!!!

Last time I did psychedelics I lost four decades. Thats a lot of calendars.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:636077
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.