Agnostic.com

4 5

Why politics unfortunately matter. This current Supreme Court is a direct result of elections and resulting political litmus test appointments.

[slate.com]

MikeInBatonRouge 8 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep, too many liberals and progressives sat on their asses while those on the right were singin' down at the church, organizing and putting people on school boards, county commissions and state legislatures, EVEN THOUGH WE OUTNUMBER THEM.
We thought everybody believed in democracy, but we were WRONG.

Yeah, we may indeed be turning into a one party evangelical theocracy, at least in the Red States.

They can conduct themselves in line with the past ugliness of the Court, or they can violate their oaths and set the stage for a reworking of the Court. While they receive the honorific title of 'Your Honor', these kind of people are infamous for lacking anything like honor.

I love it. Our founding fathers didn’t give two shits about your personal opinion.

What did they give a shit about?

Jester, Care to clarify exactly what part of it you love? Would it be the part where this highly religious court equates religious neutrality of government with anti-religious persecution, defying all logic?
Please remind us what brand of non-theist you identify as that you feel the need to be on this site at all.

@MikeInBatonRouge Jester is a Republican shit-hole. How can an agnostic or atheist POSSIBLY be a Republican? Seriously. It makes minus-zero sense. What an idiot

@Storm1752 aside from the fact my gut level impulse is to heartily agree with you, I try to remind myself that every person is a mix of values and beliefs, and yet when it comes to politics, our two party system artificially molds almost everyone into Left or Right cookie cutter clusters of specific positions on a host of issues.

We think of ourselves as highly rational independent thinkers, and yet few questions are neatly settled in our minds in any vacuum. People are instead most likely to agree with some version of the opinion of their political reference group. No, not 100%, but most of it.

That is clearly "JC"'s deal. Some political value point represented by Democrats is so distasteful to him, that this consideration overrules any concern for the demonstrable religious pandering and demonizing of secular life that consumes the GOP. Strange bedfellows he has chosen, indeed, if he is really atheist as he claims. But not unique. Look at how Katelyn Jenner is so glued to the Republican party, even as most Republicans love that she isn't a Dem yet still have nothing to do with her.

@Storm1752 I don’t see how anyone smart enough to question the existence of god, blindly trusts the government and votes democrat. Pure ignorance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:638400
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.