Agnostic.com

9 9

LINK A majority of Americans are critical of religious exemptions to Covid vaccines, a survey finds.

Only about one in 10 Americans say that receiving the Covid-19 vaccine would violate their religious beliefs, while about 60 percent say that too many people are using religion as an excuse to avoid vaccine mandates, according to a new survey from the Public Religion Research Institute and the Interfaith Youth Core.

snytiger6 9 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So about one in 10 Americans admit to being batshit crazy. Yes, that figures.

There's nothing liberal about forcing or coercing someone into partaking in something that they do not wish to. Maybe it is just an excuse, but it wouldn't be easy to prove otherwise. I'm fully vaccinated, and care not if others decide to put themselves in jeopardy, they would only be hurting themselves. Yet more proof the left is just as authoritarian as the right is.

These religious resisters will claim a religious exemption and look to the courts to protect them. They will do exactly what they rail against other religious minorities doing when they have tried to impose their religious traditions on these other minority groups of people. Democracy is ok only if it serve their self interest.

True, they are shameless fucking hypocrites...

Good. Hope they croak.

That was also broadcast on NPR. I posted this (I think) lol.

There's some some hope on the vaccine front. If we can shut up 45 and his pin heads, we will make some real progress.

I'm pleasantly surprised that 60% are smart enough to know that many people claiming religious exemptions are lying to cover their actual reasons, like politics and conspiracy theories, for refusing to get vaxed.

If someone is being a self-centred, arrogant ass, then feel free to tell them.

Unless that self-centred, arrogant ass declares that their self-centred arrogance is due to their religious beliefs - then suddenly it becomes 'wrong' to make the point and hold them to account.

It's all part of the 'Don't DARE tell me what a cunt I am!' clause of religious belief.

Well, no one wants to be put at risk by someone else's delusions.
Or pathetic excuses.

@Beachslim7 "So who is putting who at risk?"

Any assholes refusing to mask up, and not get vaccinated. That's who.

Breakthrough infections generally aren't as severe and don't require the same extreme measures as treating the unvaccinated.

Not sure where you got that garbage about the vaccinated carrying a heavier viral load.
Unless you picked it up from the fix entertainment network.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:638509
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.