Agnostic.com

6 10

Got my flu shot 2 days ago and I confess my pharmacy is at Walmart. As I'm leaving the store 2 girl door greeters spoke to me and I said all I need was my flu shot. This was when the one young lady told me she does not believe in any of these shots. She won't even get the vaccine because it is free, she said.

That's when I told her I was 75 and have been vaccinated my entire life. I recall polio and other horrors and vaccine got rid of those. Guess what? Those shots were free also. My parents did not pay a dime. At this point I told the young lady that many believers claim they do not need the vaccine because Jesus will protect them. It even says in the book of Mark that they can drink poison and not be harmed. That will not work. I was quick to point out that Jesus is not doing anything for the children in St. Jude. Is it just because they are Catholic or what? In fact, Jesus could not even protect himself so how is he protecting you.

That was when the second girl started getting as far away from me as she could and the main one I was talking to and I wished each other well and said our goodbyes.

DenoPenno 9 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My mother has worked at a Walmart pharmacy close to a decade now. It's just as good or better than any other pharmacy. They go to school for their craft just like any other place. But you may run into the local crazies in the store.

Tejas Level 8 Dec 12, 2021

It matters not to me where one gets their shot as long as they get one, two or three as I have. Kate got her booster Covid shot in one arm and a flue shot in the other. I do not recommend this unless you want to feel like crap for a couple of days. All is good though.

I don't even bother talking to morons like that.

Covid is likely to be around for a while, in one form or another. Churches are emptying out even faster than before as preachers align themselves with fascism. These two darwin award applicants may well find out the hard way, whether by dying themselves or killing a loved one.

Got my flu and booster at Wal-Mart

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 11, 2021

That's what they call a "teachable moment"!

You can teach all you like, but the "learners" must be willing to learn!

It will teach her to keep her opinions to herself when talking to strangers! Just say hello, check the receipt or whatever and tell them to have a nice day.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:638750
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.