Agnostic.com

6 20

It clears up everything.

God told Moses and the other scribes to be methodical when writing the biblical text.

They misunderstood and thought god said mythological.

At least, they were still methodically written.

#god
Word 8 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Step by step, we follow truth. If we're wrong, we change the way. It is not shameful to change own thought, when necessary, as Seneca said. It is foolish not to.

tipi Level 7 Jan 2, 2022

When I think about mythology, I think about imaginary creatures like a genie flying around on carpet, a dragon spitting fire, or witches flying around on brooms. These figures are all derived combing visible elements of earth and are generally accepted by the population without much hate.

But as it seems, even when there aren't very many imaginary creatures in the Bible, there still remains much hate on the subject. Possibly because Christians believe without doubting (which I believe this lack of doubt to be a lie for most) that a Bush caught on fire and didn't burn out or Jesus made a blind man see using mud and his hands. Even still, I would not consider such events as "mythological." There is meaning which can be found in the stories even if they are not taken literally.

Angels might be considered more closely related to mythological creatures. But even still, they are not on the physical plane and are considered some kind of metaphysical energy.

The serpent and the weird figures appearing in revelations are the only places I can see calling a character in the Bible as a mythological creature. I am sure I am missing a few. But even still the anti Bible population engages in much more myth traditionally than the Christian Church.

You say,"The serpent and the weird figures appearing in revelations are the only places I can see calling a character in the Bible as a mythological creature."

They are more metaphor that mythology. Beast in Revelations is like metaphor for laws or body of government. Also, understanding meme organism as having capabilities of operating among people like a "beast" of patriotism for a country.

Example: mark of the beast-666 is required for "BUYING and SELLING " Revelations 13:17

Mark, you mark something as in an identifier mark for identification
Beast-666 riddles gives that it takes specific knowledge to know someones personal driver's license, social security number or business taxation identification numbers. Such are required for use of banking accounts in buying and selling.

As to a burning bush, it supposedly appeared to him as burning. This does not mean it was physically on fire.

And God said to Moses, I have something for you, What's that said Moses, commandments God replied, how much do they cost asked Moses, they are free said God..............perfect, I'll take ten! 🙂

How Jewish.

And misogynistically as well.

The first use of tablets with a wifi connection...

Musa is that you?

Speaking of biblical misunderstandings….

When the good lord was giving out looks your mother thought he said “books” and she asked for a scary one.

When the good lord was giving out brains your mother thought he yelled “trains” and got you out of the way.

That’s all I got. 😁

Those were kindergarten jokes back in the day. Some people maybe never made it to first grade to get the up graded jokes.

Yes. Stuck in kindergarten. Wouldn’t have it any other way. ☀️

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640499
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.