Agnostic.com

13 31

LINK Conservative Christians Can't Handle the Satanic "Baby Baphomet" Display in the IL State Capitol

Nobody throws religious conservatives for a loop better than members of The Satanic Temple.

snytiger6 9 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Or ... God put religious fundamentalists on this planet for the amusement of atheists.

Conservative Christians are Christian supremacists almost by definition.

Oh, yes, Baphomet. Knights Templar and Eliphas Levi of whom I am well read. The fear believers have of this symbol reminds me of an alcoholic friend of mine who took it upon himself to decide for his family and others which kids cartoon characters were of the devil. It is so easy to be widely believed here. Jerry Falwell went so far as to claim which ones were gay and told us why they were. Hey, Jerry. It is an image. Only an image or a cartoon character. Now we are defining them by bible hearsay. Oh, my.

And this how an increasing number of us are feeling about all the Christianity displays. Years ago a Jewish group asked to include a Hanukah along side the nativity display at the airport and it was granted. Then FFRF put up their own display and all hell broke loose. The FFRF display was taken (but later found) and it was up to our governor to decide. At first she said all displays were allowed and she started getting hate mail. In the end no political displays are allowed, only those that are created by the airport.

The remedy for Christians is clear .... They got it in Oklahoma when they decided to remove their Ten Commandments monument at that state's Capital.

Priceless, the irony that catholics protest Satanism by erecting banners around a Christmas tree, a pagan symbol of Yule, that is expressly forbidden by the bible, and they don't see it.

That Christianity is a cult devoted to the really swell idea of propitiatory human sacrifice is also somewhat ironic.

Gotta love those satanists.
I know I do.
Any group that can drive the religutards as crazy as they do is just fine by me.

Hail satan!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

LOL…..if Satan punishes the “Evil and the wicked” I’d say he’s a good man!!

@CuddyCruiser Gee, I thought god was the one who did that. You know, floods, plagues, locusts, etc, etc, ad infintinitum.

@KKGator
Didn't God commission Satan to do that in the afterlife? With His full consent? God took care of the floods and all on earth, but once you die ....

Nice 🤠

If I remember correctly, Roman Catholics were a driving force behind church/state separation back in the day. As members of a religious minority they were quite rightly worried by the possibility of ill treatment by the Protestant majority.

Oh most definitely. In one of my education classes on law, they fought against the government paying their teachers when at least one city suggested doing that because they feared if the Catholic school system crumbled, the public system couldn't handle an onslaught of more kids. In some places, like in Northern Pennsylvania, some small town Catholic schools were as populated as the public systems.

We tried to put a statue of the flying spaghetti monster next to the ten commandments on our state grounds but it hasn't happened yet.

Here’s a better idea. Place a 2nd set of 10 commandments beside the 1st. Yours would be the list from Exodus 34, which is quite different from the traditional list of Exodus 20. Then stand back and watch the gears start to grind in the minds of the born againsters. It’s great fun.

Illinois born and raised and couldn’t be prouder that they are riling these fascists!

Fuck 'em.

Freedom of religion cuts many different ways.

Christians are in no way special, and I'm all for anything that reminds them of this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640808
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.