Agnostic.com

61 8

What’s the longest you’ll allow dirty dishes to be in the sink?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely never. I absolutely hate messes.

Taking the Fifth.

Overnight.

I usually clean them the next day, but when I get busy I've left them for weeks haha it happens, and I don't get many guests. I always clean for guests.

I don't know if I have ever found my upper limit. Depends on how busy I am, I guess. I don't keep close track of it, but I try to keep the health department out of the picture.

It really isn't that bad 😉

Lol. Overnight. I will leave the really crusted up supper dishes (pans) to soak. But the next morning, I make my coffee, sit on the porch & drink it, then go straight in and wash them. Can't stand dishes sitting.

Lol I can’t, either. I actually got annoyed by people who have dishes sitting for days at a time.

Until I get back from my appointment elsewhere

I do them after eating. Usually the pot/pan before while it's hot.

wash immediately.

I live alone and wash them as I use them. it's just easier.

As long as it takes to wash them.🙂

I can't stand a dirty kitchen.

marga Level 7 Apr 22, 2018

No longer than a,few hours

I wish I had a dishwasher. I do dishes at least once a day.

RichE Level 5 Apr 22, 2018

I just can’t!

I get them rinsed with hot water as soon as possiblr before residue hardens. Washing with detergent can then be delayed until next day.

Nowadays, I wash them immediately or in the morning if it's too late.

I can't stand to have even one dirty dish in the sink.

I wash them in the morning after breakfast. Dry them and put them away.

If any get dirtied during the day when I see them they get washed.

After dinner, I wash them again.
I know this is more than a little obsessive, but it could be something far worse. lol

I wash them first thing in the morning.

Mostly I want to wash immediately, so I try not to use many.

I will not leave them in the sink, If I don't get to them right away, my roommate will.

what year is this?...after a while, it isn't 'dirt' but that individual who lives in your sink...best to toss it a cookie every once in a while...no longer is there an unclean knife in the sink, but an armed life form...treat accordingly.

I was going to ask what month, I think you beat me both ways. I have this vague hope that one day it will be full of nice fresh mushrooms.

When it tries to eat you, it's time to do something....

@Holysocks MORE COOKIES!

@JohnnyThorazine
Mmm....Typewriter! Nomnomnom...

Never. Everything is cleaned right after eating. I have a dish washer so most dishes go in there but pans are always hand washed.

...only minutes, if possible, in culinary school, chefs are drilled to "clean as you go" -- start clean, end clean. But, the general rule is ...never go to bed with anything in the kitchen needing cleaned. EVER.

Till I walk by the sink the second time.

I mostly clean up as I cook, but the after dinner dishes wait until the next morning. I put the coffee on and do the dishes......

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.