Agnostic.com

6 15

LINK Kim Potter Trial: Ex-Officer Found Guilty On Two Counts Of Manslaughter For Fatal Shooting Death Of Daunte Wright --- CNN

She's currently remanded. The crybaby routine worked for Kyle Rittenhouse, it didn't work for Kim Potter. None of this will bring back Daunte Wright.

barjoe 9 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If it was an honest accident, isn't it still manslaughter? Seems to me it shouldn't matter what they call it. She is responsible for causing his death and should be held accountable.

Would that be 1st degree? I hate to say this, I'll get cancelled. There was probably fear of riots if there had been an acquittal. I think the prosecution pulled out all stops for that reason.

Most people don't get to murder people because the person makes them nervous.
I really am rather surprised at the conviction.
Maybe the era of cops allowed to freely kill people is ending.
It is at least a good start.

And just stop all traffic stops except for suspicions of public endangerment like a DUI. Do it like a red light camera. Send the bill in he mail.

I agree with your every word on this. For a while I was afraid there would be a hung jury. The mixing up of the 2 types of guns involved was something I could not grasp and found hard to believe. She should have known better and deep down I believe that she did know better even though she yelled out "taser." My mind take on it it that Wright had an illegal air freshener (maybe he is covering up dope smells) and he has tickets and is trying to get away. Get him! I'm not sure how else to explain what happened. This was not a normal and simple mistake. Not with Potter's training. It is all some subconscious reaction.

Genuine tragedy for everyone involved

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 24, 2021

Tragic for everyone involved. I didn't listen to it a lot or read about a lot of it but I would think a taser gun would be plastic and feel very differently than a real gun.

In addition to the fact that one is carried on the left side and the other on the right. She had to know which she had.

How do you get two counts of manslaughter for killing one person?

1st and 2nd degree

How does anyone mix up a yellow and black gun?

@Science-guy Color only matters if you look at them, you can draw and fire a weapon without looking.

@Science-guy She can't tell the difference between yellow and black, but she can tell the difference between black and white.

@Canndue but the taser is carried in a holster on one side and the gun on the other. She didn't mix up left and right.

@JonnaBononna correct feel and location is all that matters in that situation

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641053
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.