Agnostic.com

4 22

For the gastronomically faithful…

skado 9 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The sugar is how they get cha... Relatives used to take my kids for sleepovers on Saturday nights and then sneak in a visit to church on Sunday, unbeknownst to me, before returning them. When I found out about the church visits, my kids gleefully raved about the donuts after the service. Not sure they even grasped anything said during church, but they could describe in detail the sweets afterward!

That was the incentive for the last couple of times I went to church with Mom. But then I just couldn't justify it anymore and I really didn't need the calories. And I preferred my coffee at home. Not to mention it was getting harder to keep from laughing during the sermon!

What’s not to love about ham (Easter), turkey (Thanksgiving), Prime rib (Christmas) and pork and sauerkraut (New Years)!

You can have your sauerkraut, ugh, had enough of that as a kid, but even though I'm not much of a meat eater, I did just have a prime rib french dip sandwich the other day that I'm still dreaming about it was so tasty! Special occasions to splurge on things we don't normally eat is memorable. Mmm...

If I never ever eat turkey again it will make me happy. I've never liked it and I'm thankful for ham and prime rib. Here in the South it's Black eyed peas and ham hock for New Year's.

@Lorajay anything with the word "pea" or "bean" in it will never be found on my table!! 😒

That's a philosophy I can get behind. I always liked Easter because of the potato salad and cheesecake.

Baked goods, candy, and a day off of work.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.