Agnostic.com

13 34

Christmas gift to myself. "Dream Forest" by Martha Flores.

The painting is acrylic, 30"x25". Colors are much richer in person. Love it!

It evokes the joy of hiking. Makes me feel happy.

Martha is a friend and talented artist. She usually paints faces, not landscapes. When she posted a picture of this painting on Facebook, I jumped. It was only $300.

Now I need to get it framed. Martha stretched the canvas over the edges and the staples show. It needs backing and a thin wood frame. I refuse to go to nefarious Hobby Lobby.

I always buy myself birthday and Christmas gifts. That way, I'm never disappointed.

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's a beautiful painting. My daughter has a friend who paints intricate scenes of woodlands (and other things), but lacquered so there are layers to provide images with depth. She shows locally here in NC. You may want to look at her instagram account if paintings like this interest you.

[instagram.com]

As for your framing situation, measure the painting and look around on ebay. 😉

[ebay.com]

@zeuser

I need a custom-built frame, not something random on E-bay.

First, the painting needs a backing so the canvas doesn't get damaged. Second, a wood frame that fits the painting.

This is the gift for my son and I this year...a gift from our dog...😂

Don't know if they have a "Michael's" in your neck of the woods but they are the same as Snotty Lobby only without the Religious bent...they have framing supplies?

@phoenixone1

Sadly, five out of six local art framers went out of business.

Looks like the only local choice is Hobby Lobby.

@LiterateHiker you could make your own with moulding from Lowe's...find someone with a Miter saw and a "Brad Nailer"...any cabinet maker would be happy to make one for you I would think...

@phoenixone1

I don't have the tools nor expertise to make a frame.

Snotty Lobby has premade frames of different sizes I believe...they also have Kits, and they have jigs you can purchase to build your own but that would get expensive...If there are any Cabinet shops in the area...they are experts at Joinery and Mitered Joints...they might be willing to throw a decent frame together for a reasonable price(just brainstorming a way for you to avoid donating to a shitty organization🤗)

Beautiful colors.

I love the colors and the way it invites the viewer to walk the path within the embrace of the trees. I agree it's important to give ourselves treasures like these once in a while. It's good for the spirit.

Brilliant work.

My gift to myself this year was new skis and boots, trying them out at Dear Valley, Park City, UT.

Very nice, love the bright colors.....

My Solstice gift to me... for my John Deere riding mower - it makes me happy and I look forward to the next big snowstorm?

Beautiful picture! You friend is talented. I agree, I will not set foot in Hobby Lobby, haven't shopped there in years.

It is beautiful. Just makes me happy looking at it.

@Jolanta

Me, too. Thank you.

My mother owned a paint/hobby shop for years and she always preferred to work in acrylics. The colors are pure and intense.
I only have a couple of her paintings. She spent more time playing around with trying to capture nuances of light like bubbles and shadows than creating images. But I wish I had the talent and patience for painting.

Beautiful work

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 26, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641598
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.