Agnostic.com

33 7

Is gender equality an issue for atheists?

We accept that major religions have been used to supress women. Do we as humanists have an obligation to stand up for gender equality?

MichaelFilson 4 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think its rather disgusting to find the pay gap for T.V. presenters is so great in favour of men. I don't need anyone to open a door for me I am more than capable thank you. I was a plasterer in a former life and got dogs abuse from men on site who thought that I shouldnt even be there.

men tend to be physically stronger and women tend to be mentally stronger with a higher pain threshold and that's about it. they are the Ying to out yang but still equal I think.

We do not have an obligation religiously. We could also provide proof Biblically, that we do. Organized religion suppress women.

It's an issue for humanists, which most of us are, I'd guess.

In a serious conversation about gender equaliry, not one posted in 'memes' or under 'silly', its simply inappropriate to make a sexist comment.

Emme Level 7 May 1, 2018

Not really

I find the real homophobes (inser choice ism or ist here) are the ones that make a BIG issue about it.

This is a post not under random h silly, or memes, but its supposed to be a relatively serious conversation about gender equality issues for athists. I found it rather interesting that someone low in points joined the conversation with a gender denigrating remark and nobody called him on it. There ARE issues. And silence perpetuates it. Everybody saw it, but just stood by and watched. That was sad.

Emme Level 7 Apr 27, 2018

I find it difficult to stand up for gravity or orbital mechanics or the boiling point of water. These things just are facts. I just try to be consistent with them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64174
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.