Agnostic.com

2 9

Einstein understood lots of things besides math.

Lorajay 9 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is too bad that Unions function just like every other institution where they get power from the workers and then continue to negotiate with them until they forget who and what makes them great. The only Union I ever joined I had to to work in a restaurant. When the time to renegotiate the contract came it was known to all what was going to happen before the strike took place. We got what we wanted but the deal was done before the strike took place. Made no sense to me.

Union member all of my life. If there is a union, I join. If there is not, I work to ratify one. 4 unions. My grandparents met on an IWW picket line. The dismantle union movement was instituted by noted union buster Presidente` Raygun. Vote for him to put yourself out of a job.

Part of that was the Unions fault. When he fired all the air traffic controllers, every union member should have walked off the job in solidarity. Instead, I know in my union, most of them bitched because they thought the strikers made good enough money and had more benefits than they did, so tough luck! When the company I worked for, back in the 50’s, refused to negotiate a contract, they called for a general strike. And union members throughout the county would not cross the picket line and many went out in sympathy. Many of our older members when I first started working there had been beat up and/or spent time in jail during that strike. That is how unions are supposed to work and why they were successful.

@Barnie2years Good story. The union saved my job many times as I made "good trouble". Resulted in an early retirement. Living large is the best revenge. Which is the "lord's" anyway.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641786
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.