Agnostic.com

2 2

How awesome is this?? Just another example (so seldom heard from the main stream media) of the good person armed stops the bad people. I hope the bad guys live so they can be prosecuted, but I won't lose any sleep if they don't. [nbcphiladelphia.com]

Captain_Feelgood 8 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would be interested to know what percentage of people shot or killed like these two were, versus shootings that cause loss and injustice.

There might be some gun control advocates' push-back if the Uber driver had not been "legally armed", otherwise I think not. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

As far as I'm concerned, the 2nd makes him a "legally armed" citizen. And with that in mind, he had every right to shoot those SOBs for threatening his life while attempting to steal his property. Anyone that sees it any other way just doesn't understand the amendment. If you point a gun at me and demand I give you something of mine, I have the right to shoot your ass dead. PERIOD! That's how that works.

@Captain_Feelgood I have no problem with the drivers' action(s), even if he hadn't been "legally armed".

The "legally armed" aspect of the story infers some sort of gun control (beyond the 2A, regardless of your 'AFAIC' comment).
I do think the driver would be facing some negative comments here (and consequences with LEOs) if he wasn't "legally armed".

@FearlessFly Bottom line; your "if he wasn't "legally armed"" statement is a non-sequitur. (Edited here) Okay,,, You are right, "I do think the driver would be facing some negative comments here (...) if he wasn't "legally armed". " Well, yeah.. Rest assured, on this site, he would be persecuted in the media like Kyle Rittenhouse was. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

@Captain_Feelgood I'm not an NRA member, but I do support the 2A.
Despite that, my attempts to comment in the Pro Gun Rights group (some time ago) resulted in my being 'booted out' (apparently only an "echo chamber" is acceptable there). ๐Ÿ˜›

My comments are partially in response to YOU posting in the Pro Gun Rights group :
"Just posted this in 'News and Links' . . . Should be interesting to see the responses"
(sounds a bit like 'trolling' )

The 'case' I'm trying to make here is . . .
IMO, "legally armed" makes a difference to most of the 'non hard core gun rights' folks, and I think that explains why others haven't (perhaps won't) respond here.

@FearlessFly You, sir, were 'booted' for trolling. You didn't make a reasonable response to any arguments against any post.. I, on the other hand, was 'booted' from the "Trump Piรฑata" page for voicing my opinion on their page... How fucking convenient. So is the 'Trump Pinata" page nothing more than an echo chamber for radical left wingers? You're damn skippy it is... So, I guess what comes around, goes around. My post in the "News and Links" group is perfectly understandable to anybody on this site. (Except you I guess)

@Captain_Feelgood I can't remember what I said in PGR group, I don't think I have ever intentionally/explicitly 'trolled' any person/group on this (or any other) website.

I don't recall making any posts/comments in the Trump Pinata group, and I think it fair to say I try not to make any comments that might be considered contributing to an echo chamber (although I think, way too much of that happens here). On the contrary, it is not uncommon for me to get criticized for 'daring to say' things that others don't/won't/can't.

. . . a recent example :
"It appears the cat that adopted me was not spayed."

I say what I mean and mean what I say, I don't think that makes me a mean person. ๐Ÿ˜›

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:643172
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.