Agnostic.com

14 2

How long do you keep your cars/vehicles?

I currently have a 2006 Honda that just crossed 204,000 miles. I briefly thought about getting something newer, but heck at this point I figure I might as well drive this one until it dies.

How about you?

SteveB 7 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I keep them until they are beyond repair One of my cars i have 17 years and the other 14 years . I always believe in preventive maintenance .Both cars are in excellent condition

I'm on the ten year plan.

I love older cars - always have. Never saw the need or wisdom of buying new. Then I tend to keep vehicles for a long time, cause well... I take care of them, and... I can !

Until the pistons start swapping holes and the rims are tearing up the pavement too much.

I keep vehicles until it becomes more expensive to keep them going than a car payment. Current car is a 2001 Focus with ~265,000 miles.

d_day Level 7 Dec 3, 2017

until I no longer trust it. My truck is 12 years old

I keep my car`s until they fall apart.

For the first time ever I am not going to get a new car. Seven years after a car accident that totalled my personal car I bought a 2011 Kia Sorrento-the dealer wouldn't sell me used and I'm still paying it off 7 years later-almost done-knock on wood. I only have 87,000 miles on it and I plan on driving it into the ground. First time ever.

I agree you know everything about your car and you won't get any benefit from selling it than a big bill and a car you don't know

My last car I kept for about 15 years. Honda Odyssey. It was a great car and rarely gave me any trouble until the last couple of years. I don't think I will try to keep one that long again.

I've got one now, a 2006 that I bought a little over a year ago with 97000mi on it. I made a camper out of mine - may have it forever !

I was an auto mechanic for a living. I basically used to 'flip' vehicles at home.
I would buy cars or trucks that didn't run or didn't run right, fix them, drive them for a month or two to make sure they were good, then sell them for a profit.

If I was independently wealthy, I might get a new car every few years- but I'm not!

Until they fall apart and/or repair costs get to be more than a newer car would cost.

I keep them until the repair cost is estimated to be more than their value.

mzee Level 7 Dec 3, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6435
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.