Agnostic.com

3 15

Here's some wonderful news. Ahmaud Arbery's murderers get life in prison.

[reuters.com]

JennyRad 7 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah, there's been some progress, but it's been glacially slow. Baby steps I guess. It wasn't until 1824 that a white man was hanged for murdering natives. And even then murdering natives remained a common practice long after. Hell, still problems with it today.

Having spent the first 11 years of my life in south Georgia, I can say with certainty, that this verdict is a landmark one for the region.

@JennyRad I had hope. Yo give you an idea of the slow progress, if this muder had taken place in 1920, the perpetrators would been hailed as heroes. If it hadhapopenedin he 1960s, the men might have been arrested, but would never have been charged-- a`nd would have been celebrated by the "good ol' boys" . If it had occured in the 1990s, the men might have been charged, but would not have been convict4d.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:643764
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.