Agnostic.com

6 7

If there is violence and destruction perpetrated by lefties it's terrorism. If there is violence and destruction perpetrated by the righties, it's simply a mistake.

That's what I hear the take is in the right wing media and amongst right wing politicians.

FvckY0u 8 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am increasingly convinced that the right wing propaganda machine is becoming a hardcore media front of a terrorist movement.

domos Level 7 Jan 9, 2022

Given that Fox frequently gets it talking points from the Russians, and that the Russian mafia/govt is a fascist dictatorship, Fox is a media front for terrorists. Look at how it has fostered Nazism in Australia...

@racocn8 Good point about Australia. I really think the American public at large needs to be more aware of what the Fox News empire has done to Australia.

It is pretty on the nose dystopian level s***.

As for Fox News getting its talking point from Russia... I think the Christian nationalist movement over the last few decades has warmed up to Russia in a very quiet but consistent way... And that is in turn what Fox News is reflecting.

And to be fair, getting talking points from Russia is not much worse than getting talking points from the CIA... If at all.

All that being said, the Christian nationalist movement itself does seem to have taken a turn towards terrorism and so ultimately we reached the same worrisome conclusion either way we go about it.

What I find particularly damning and hypocritical, are the statements from Trump apologists and history revisionists (including some on this site) who say things like, “Well, the ‘protestors’ who stormed the capital didn’t do a fraction of the damage caused by the BLM protesters.” As if ‘damage’ only includes property loss, and ignores the harm to the institutions of democracy.

Okay. Assuming the destruction of property that occurred during the BLM protests was wrong, how does this excuse the behavior by the insurrectionists? Have these Trump apologists forgotten what we all learned in kindergarten: that two wrongs don’t make a right?

A great deal of the damage from the BLM protests was perpetrated by the same white supremacist militias that stormed the capitol. And let's not forget the MAGA wingnut police who instigated the BLM protests, or who used excessive force, again and again at the protests.

You have it correct, the righties will do nothing to disturb the force.

That's how I see it also. After all, President You-Know-Who told his MAGAs not to believe what they see. HUH?

Haven’t Trump, Giuliani and others said the violence and destruction perpetrated a year ago on Jan. 6th was patriotism?

Agreed. Except for the insurrectionists’ apologies for the error of their ways to the judge in their court cases, I haven’t heard Trumpist Republicans say what they did was a “mistake.”

What I get from all this, is that a person should be able to walk into a congressperson's office, pull out a Glock and empty it into the wall behind him. As long as the person is not hurt it is only one person getting the attention of another. He can then reload the gun and move onto the other person who represents him and repeat the action. How else is one supposed to be heard and attention paid?

I'd say the wingnuts look on their violence and destruction as patriotism; they have yet to admit it was a mistake (except immediately after, before they changed their minds and approved. If they say it was a mistake, it was because they were momentarily humbled into not voting against Biden. They now believe not voting against Biden was the mistake)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644126
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.