Agnostic.com

4 5

#Putin & #Russia Have 100,000 Troops & Tanks On The #Ukraine Border. And, Tanks & Paratroopers In #Kazakhstan. But, Sure, Run Another Story About A Rich Entitled Anti-Vax Tennis Star.

HankHunter13 7 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Russian forces now surround Ukraine on 3 sides, and Western officials fear a military operation could start as soon as this month."

[nytimes.com]

It is rather incredible. "And exactly what kind of fiber makes for the best mask, Dr?" Hopefully the public is paying attention to sources like the ones you linked. I think Putin is going to invade. He's KGB and they take risks. He's risking WWIII on the bet that we're weak and either not getting back up or will be a nation favorable to him by then. If he gains greater power in Kazakhstan, too, then he's tripled the size of his land. That's a pretty amazing feat and would go a long way toward restoring The U.S.S.R. (where it really is about Communism). Would we fight to stop that? We're kind of tired of war.

Western propaganda about Putin wanting to restore the USSR is about as stupid as "Saddam's the next Hitler and he's going to invade Saudi Arabia!" Putin's not an idiot, and he's never done anything but protect Russia and it's allies. The only was he's going to intervene in Ukraine is if Ukraine and the west do something stupid.

@Druvius I think you're wrong. He's closer to the statement "We will bury you" than of Gorbachev's views.

@rainmanjr And how did "We'll bury you?" work out for the USSR. Putin's not an idiot.

@Druvius Kruschev's prediction is still in play so we don't know. At the moment I'd say it looks to be doing quite well.

@Druvius Putin and Russia have already invaded, and continue to occupy Crimea, formerly Ukraine since 2014. Also the year Russian troops shot down a Malaysian Passenger Airline with 300 people on board. Russia has demanded that Ukraine is never a part of NATO or a protected nation. This was a conservative estimate, there's likely 150,000 Troops on the Ukranian Border. Why ? Are they afraid Ukraine is planning an invasion ? Russia has been attacking the United States thru Cyber Warfare, for at least 6 years straight. Including trying to provoke a violent race war in American streets, and certainly behind much of the AntiVax Propaganda, in order to destabilize the American Economy, and bring his Puppet Twitler back into power. Quite a number of Russians were already indicted by the Mueller Report, and the likes of Bannon, Flynn, Manafort, and Stone were all Convicted of "Crimes Against the United States." All in service of Foreign interests. Like Russia and China, which Trump owes hundreds of millions of dollars, to both Putin and Xi. In other words, were already at war. And America is losing. Remember, Stone was with The Proud Boys leadership on Jan 6th. Who just had nearly a dozen people charged with "Seditious Conspiracy". And Flynn called for Martial Law. These Global Gangsters and their Bankers, like Wilbur Ross, and others, have been in on this conspiracy to kill Democracy in America, Europe, and Asia for decades. Including Moscow Mitch and China's Chao, In order to install the real New World Order, Corporate Fascism. Oil, Natural Gas, Mining, and Timber. 61% of Federal Income Taxes goes to the Pentagon, and Defense Contractors. They hate Obama because he ended the War in Iraq. And they hate Biden because he ended the War in Afghanistan. I'm not advocating war, they are. And they've set the stage for it. Just like Trump tried to start a War with Iran, the biggest threat to Bush family business friends, the Saudis. The actual 9/11 Terrorists. Like another person commented, Putin wants to rebuild the old Russian Empire. They've been working on this for Decades. Putin was installed by the old guard, on the 2000 Millennium. After Gorbachev wanted a Western style governance. They've been going backwards ever since. And Republicons have been packing the Courts with Corporate Christians for Decades. This is all a long term plan.

@HankHunter13 The people and government of Crimea voted overwhelmingly to join Russia after a US backed Nazi coup shot their way into power in Ukraine ... and made it their first order of business passing laws making ethnic Russians (IE essentially everyone in Crimea) second class citizens. Crimea never wanted to be part of Ukraine in the first place. Calling self determination an invasion and occupation is western propaganda, which I'm quite familiar with, so I didn't bother to read past that mischaracterization.

@Druvius Russia took it with troops. That's generally called an invasion.

@Druvius of course, you ignored the rest of my comment.

Let's hope cool heads prevail.

. . . wow, HUGE false dichotomy fallacy.
NO reason why BOTH could/should/would not be covered. 😛

And the Russian nonsense has been plenty in the news.

Yes, if you watch MSNBC and other cable outlets, there have been news reports. Mostly about the negotiation. But, not as a lead story. And, as an example, ABC World News, the highest broadcast viewership, mentioned it in the opening, but didn't get around to the story until the 2nd segment, after the 1st commercial break. And they gave the Russian troops at the Ukrainian border about 90 seconds. Then, talked about the AntiVax tennis star 3 to 4 minutes. And the news continues to talk about it, every day, but not about the Russian military build up. It should be a lead story, with in depth reporting. That was my point, regarding news coverage.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644811
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.