Agnostic.com

5 8

LINK Florida bill to shield people from feeling 'discomfort' over historic actions by their race, nationality or gender approved by Senate committee - CNN

(CNN)A bill backed by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis that would prohibit Florida's public schools and private businesses from making people feel "discomfort" or "guilt" based on their race, sex or national origin received first approval Tuesday by the state's Senate

Education Committee.
The Republican-controlled committee approved the bill with six Republican senators in favor of the bill and three Democratic senators opposed to it.

Although the bill, named "Individual Freedom," does not mention Critical Race Theory, the term is used in the attached bill analysis that was given to senators.

snytiger6 9 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Talk about snowflakes.

Florida is really messed up. So many Nazi-wannabees.

What an absurdity!!!!! With that reasoning, one should not feel any guilt if he murdered someone or should feel any discomfort from knowing that his father had murdered someone.

The people that really want to know will go to the internet and television. Some of them that don't want to know will stumble on the information anyway. I am so glad they can't hide things as easily as they used to be able to.

I sure hope this bill works both ways and protects people of color, LGBTQ, trans and immigrate from feeling guilt and discomfort as well.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:646293
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.