Agnostic.com

52 9

Musicals!!!

What is your favorite musical?

LadyAlyxandrea 8 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Does "The Wall" count as a musical?

It's more of an opera then a musical.

@webbew1 Opera? I think not.

I was inoculated against musicals as a child, I'm afraid.

Me too, can't do musicals.

I love something rotten

@LadyAlyxandrea This and Mel Brooks on writing History of the World best sum up musicals.
I've just started the set build for Shrek, and even as a carpenter I get excited.

Streets a Rock opera

Savatage. Great band. Except for Fight For The Rock. That record sucked.

@webbe

Assassins! This is a musical about all the president all assassins in US history. Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator in the recording. It's all just so amazing, so catchy, and so informative.

I'll have to check that out

@LadyAlyxandrea Please do! There's some language in it, but it's worth it!

Not big on musicals, so I'm going with... the musical episode of Scrubs. ?

Oh, man, that episode cracks me up every time, especially Dr Cox's patter song.

I have a whole Spotify playlist of Broadway tunes lol

Sweeny Todd
Book of Mormon
Wicked
Les Mis
Music Man

I have like 5 Pandora stations just dedicated to musicals

No wait my favorite is into the woods

Mine too!

My Fair Lady. I saw it at the Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles years ago. Rex Harrison was always one of my favorite actors and I got to see him in action. I'll never forget it.

Years ago I took my mom to see Rex Harrison as Henry Higgins at the Gershwin Theater on Broadway. It was a great experience.

But it wasn't until I later saw the 1938 film "Pygmalion" starring Leslie Howard and Wendy Hiller that I realized that the primary strength of "My Fair Lady" is the play, which I have come to consider the best of the 20th century. Bernard Shaw won the Oscar for best screenplay, making him the only person to win both an Academy Award and the Nobel Prize for Literature.

Chicago is one of my all time favorite movies, musical or otherwise!

I love that story, those characters, and of course all that jazz.

I'm surprised no one has said "Doctor Horrible's Sing a long blog"

Wish they would do a stage version. And Neil Patrick Harris keeps talking about a sequel, but it never seems to happen.

I haven’t seen Hamilton. My favorite is “Les Mis.” #musicals #favoritemusicals #lemis

Wicked

The Secret Garden.

The Wizard of Oz followed by Moulin Rouge

ebdb Level 7 Apr 23, 2018

Wizard of oz.

The Buffy episode

Grease

Sweeney Todd, Rent

Caberet.

So hard to choose. I'm lukewarm to traditional musicals. Instead, I rather like Reefer Madness, Sweeney Todd, and Spring Awakening. I also like Evil Dead, but that may be the result of seeing a really awesome production with a splatter zone; the music itself is mediocre.

Spamalot!

Moulin rougue was the first musical that enjoyed so I considered my favorite. Now I enjoy a lot of them ???

Nefta Level 2 Apr 23, 2018

Mama mia

GwenC Level 7 Apr 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64970
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.