Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK U.S. sea levels to rise by a foot through 2050, causing "profound" flooding - Axios

The U.S. is poised to see as much of a rise in sea levels through the year 2050 as it has experienced in the past century, with additional increases through 2150, according to a comprehensive new federal report out Tuesday.

Why it matters: Sea-level rise is one of the most tangible present-day effects from human-caused climate change that is being felt in the U.S., with coastal flood events becoming far more common and damaging in just the past few decades.

snytiger6 9 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I get stunned watching House Hunters/HH International by everybody wanting to "be right on the water".
Save yourself Major $$$$$ & just wait a few years!

If a person wants a house on the water, the water shoudl be a lake, not the ocean.

@snytiger6 they are in the process of drying up in many areas, so you’ll have to walk through a dry lake bed to get to the water at some point.

@Barnie2years The lakes in the Pacific Northwest seem to mostly still be completely full.

It’s OK, if we actually get involved in WW III, that will be the least of our problems.

If more people cared about the rock we are sitting, this wouldn't happening on this grand of scale.

I’ve tried to tell ‘em, dude. It didn’t work so I’m going with that being right makes me a winner.

Except that the Thwaites ice shelf is poised to slip into the sea in the next 3-5 years and that will raise sea levels by more than 2 feet.

[rollingstone.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650991
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.