Agnostic.com

29 9

I have several Facebook friends who are constantly proselytizing. They post daily prayers, constant references to Christian values and how, and how angels are watching them. They are not this way in person, and I find it annoying that they do this online. Any suggestions (short of blocking or unfriending them) to tell them how annoying this is to people who are not like minded?

jeff2145 4 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I simply unfollow those . Doesn't mean I unfriend them . If they message me , I'll get it . But if they're posting general religious stuff to everyone they've friended , I won't see them .

Tell them if you must. I have the same problems on FB and other sites. On Facebook my daughters and their kids do this. Reasons why might be that one grandson was murdered and they want to see him again. I even have a granddaughter that believes angels exist and they have wings like a bird. If she finds a feather she thinks her brother is watching her. (Hello. Try the fact that birds were around and lost a feather.) These are some of the ignorant reasons that religion continues and let me add that my family is not super religious and my granddaughter has been to the state prison twice. Drugs and their active use also seem to help those with these beliefs. My 2 daughters are the only ones in this bunch who do not use drugs.

Same here many are relatives, I just ignore

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 18, 2022

Simply fuck them if they can not take a joke!!!

Faith is not what others proclaim!!!

Faith is what you value within your life and your existence!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:651311
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.