Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Credit Suisse (Swiss) Leak Shows Bank Managed Millions With Criminal Clients

A massive leak from Credit Suisse revealed the global investment bank managed hundreds of millions of dollars with known criminals and human rights abusers.

In addition to serving some of the wealthiest and most powerful figures in the world, data obtained by the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung and shared with news organizations that include The New York Times, found the bank worked with several controversial figures tied to criminal or problematic activity.

snytiger6 9 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gee, too bad their actions sully the reputations of bankers everywhere....
sarcasm

If there is one thing Swiss banks have never been accused of, it’s vetting where the money they take in comes from.

I FIRST heard of Swiss banks doing that decades ago.

Here in the US, check out blind trusts; they let politicians hide their conflicts of interest.

For instance, I can be a school board member and hide my ownership of land close to where the board may build schools. I can buy land at low vacant land prices and sell to potential home owners who will send children to nearby schools.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:651950
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.