Agnostic.com

3 2

We need to take Putin’s talk of using Nukes seriously.
”Those old historical patterns include Western businesses who fail to see how they help build a tyrant’s war chest, admirers enamored of an autocrat’s “strength” and politicians’ tendency to point fingers inward for political gain instead of working together for their nation’s security. There’s lots of danger ahead, she [Hill] warned. Putin is increasingly operating emotionally and likely to use all the weapons at his disposal, including nuclear ones. It’s important not to have any illusions — but equally important not to lose hope.”
: [yahoo.com]

JackPedigo 9 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If Putin is acting illogically as Hitler did in his last years, & as Hitler was willing to destroy Germany for not living up to his maniacal aspirations, then he may go out with a bang heard around the world.

Agreed. Putin has become a dangerous maniac.

He can go ahead and blow it up. It's a fitting end for our garbage, in fact.

Are you the son of the rainman or of a junkyard dog ?.

@Castlepaloma That’s your call.

But what about all the non-human species? Humans are not the only species on the planet nor, obviously, the most intelligent.

@JackPedigo Collateral losses. Earth will likely create new life.

@JackPedigo the cockroaches will survive as always. Them and other creatures will begin evolution again.

@Barnie2years One cockroach has already evolved into a Russian dictator.

Someday, if we haven’t destroyed our accidental selves, a United World will be able to toss national leaders before they become dangerous.

Joss Sheldon’s Democracy: A Users Guide tells how chimpanzee females tossed a dangerous alpha male and let a beta male replace him. Sheldon also says some hunter-gatherer groups walked away from dangerous alphas.

That would be great except for one problem. How can we control despots when we can't even control our exponentially exploding numbers. Dictators often are able to take over when human numbers get too large and become unmanageable by peaceful means.

@JackPedigo

1. You see a cause effect relation I don’t see.

2. You see evidence I don’t see.

Chimpanzees and apes are smarter then us. And far less self destructive.

@yvilletom Funny, to me it's been obvious for two decades. Information is out there. All one needs to do is look. If the human world were healthy this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

@JackPedigo What would I look for?

A Google search for a sentence containing the two terms “control despots” and “control numbers” failed.

@yvilletom Thanks for trying but not surprising as it seems something was read into my comment that wasn't there. The issue is about population demographics (for all species) and how, when the numbers for one species gets too large bad things start to happen and mother nature has to take over. She is not a benevolent mother and it's often not a pretty sight. Unfortunately, this is a much deeper and complicated issue than most realize but, in the end, it is not some sort of convoluted conspiracy of nature versus humans. A video was presented, here on this site, a couple of years ago. A lot of people, on this site, woke up and started to realize the impact of human overpopulation was more far reaching then they thought. I looked up the video:

I saw several Moore movies but not this one. I blame Ma and Pa Nature, not Mother Nature.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:653408
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.