Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK Tutors in a Pennsylvania public school district are teaching Creationism

A church ministry has found a new way to indoctrinate public school students, and the Pennridge School District in Pennsylvania is giving them the platform to pull it off.

If you visit the district’s website, there’s a page that includes community resources for parents and students. As I write this, there are flyers for adult education classes, a youth leadership development program, athletic clubs, etc.

There’s also a flyer for “RE:VIVALS Outreach Center” which offers free tutoring for students in the district. The flyer even notes that the volunteers who work with them “are educators, administrators, counselors, and aides. All have received full clearance from the State of
Pennsylvania to work with children and youth.”

It’s not until you read the fine print at the very bottom that you notice the catch: This is a bait-and-switch attempt to “bring hope and healing to the community through the gospel of Jesus Christ.”

snytiger6 9 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dangerous assholes are everywhere.

. . . hmm, Pennsylvania -- history repeating itself :

[en.wikipedia.org]

How many times do we have to settles this? Wasn’t that what the Scopes trial decided? Sadly, 50% of the Pennsylvania population are mindless Trumplicans, Christian Nationalists and have rarely interacted with anyone other than their very white neighbors. This particular case was settled over ten years ago, and as with Scopes, Bible mythology lost.

@Barnie2years . . . settled ? I don't think so :

[ffrf.org]
[ffrf.org]
[ffrf.org]
[ffrf.org]
[ffrf.org]

@FearlessFly I realize that the Christian Nationalists are hard at work trying to push into public schools across the country. But the evolution vs intelligent design fantasy was a loss for for fantasy. But then we thought Roe vs Wade and voting rights was settled law as well I guess. As long as there are lawyers, there will never be settled law I guess is more realistic.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:653574
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.