Agnostic.com

3 5

The International War Crimes Tribunal has been asked to consider accusing Putin of committing war crimes. [nypost.com]

JackPedigo 9 Mar 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Last I heard of the International War Crime Tribunal is the US refuse to recognise it's authority with sanctions being applied against a judge investigating crimes committed by US personnel.
Israel have ignored them for years.
"Black site" ie torture/ waterboarding has been ignored by them
Just saying sorry, but I don't think much will come from it

puff Level 8 Mar 3, 2022

I think for some crimes considered less serious they are ignored. But with cases like Putin's I doubt it will be as the whole world will be watching. Some of the leaders in the Balkan war were indicted.

It could take years or even decades before anything besides words come out of it. They charged people n the Bosnian, Yugoslav wars, many in African wars. Few of them actually face a day in court and those who do, it is often years after the crimes took place and a slow process.

At the Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal, which was a unique jurisdiction, they charged several high-level defendants with “Waging Aggressive War.” Not sure if that is still a thing in international law.

There was also a tribunal for the Japanese war criminals. [thegreatcoursesdaily.com]

@JackPedigo but none for winners was there.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:653785
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.