Agnostic.com

4 3

Is nutella just frosting for toast? I tried it for the first time today and it looks, spreads, and tastes like frosting to me.

I don't see any difference so now I'm questioning the need for toast frosting at all. Only Americans would eat toast with frosting on it.

I'll bet a republican invented nutella.

Sgt_Spanky 8 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What the heck do you need the bread for. Nutella and peanut butter straight. Bread just adds calories.

Frosting? Did you mean that white coating, like icing on a cake?
Or did you really mean to say "topping" or "spread"?
I love spreading a thick topping of butter and bitter orange marmalade on my toast. Alternatively, I spread Marmite, thinly, on top.

I mean what you frost a cake with, the sweet, sugary coating that covers a cake. You could frost a cake with a jar of nutella and it would be delicious as a cake. Do I want to frost my toast with that same stuff? Hell, no! I don't want frosted toast for breakfast...ever.

I love Marmite and Vegemite!! I grew up eating toast with Vegex or Savorex, sometimes with crunchy peanut butter. 😋

@p-nullifidian A man of fine taste, I see.
My children, when around 5 years old, used to horrify me by spreading Marmite on their toast - and then sprinkling sugar on top of the Marmite!

So sorry to disappoint, but my wife’s Italian-American, and her mother was born and raised in Florence. She tells a story that Nutella comes from post World War II Italy when many goods, including chocolate, were hard to come by. So people began ‘cutting’ what little chocolate they had with hazelnut, and the recipe for Nutella was born. Like many Italian favorites, including polenta and gnocchi, Nutella was an invention of the impoverished (some might say peasant) class.

Toast frosting is something I can believe would come out of a desperately poor, post-war economy. The Italians are forgiven, however, since they'd also given the world pizza and spaghetti and meatballs before this abomination.

All the tastiest foods are "peasant" foods. Think Cottage pie, Irish stew, chilli, etc.

Nutella is cheap cocoa & fake flavor & IMO disgusting....the canned frosting also has about the same nutritional "value".
Def repug food!
Have you ever tried applesauce on toast? Amazing if you buy the good applesauce with cinammon, the cheap stuff can be watery.

Reminds me of my X liking apple butter

Never tried applesauce on toast, probably never will. Apple butter, on the other hand, sounds tasty.

@Sgt_Spanky some exact thing but darker in color & twice the price, too........

My mother put Red Hots in her homemade applesauce and you have never tasted anything half that good on toast or better yet hot biscuits.

I love applesauce with a sprinkling of cinnamon over toast with a peanut butter spread! 😋

@Lorajay This sounds good too. My grandmother used to boil sauerkraut in water with applejuice in it. Made for the best sauerkraut ever.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654011
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.