Agnostic.com

17 0

Does anyone print photos anymore?

I remember the days before digital when you got photos developed and a third of them stunk. Now with digital photos and being able to save them to the cloud I haven't had any photos printed in over five years. Last year I went to the island of Curacao and took lots of photos and never got them developed.

ebdb 7 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My dad does. He's a semi professional photographer and has a printing place

I do it from time to time. Physical photos still have their place. There's something about actually holding the photos and having them in front of me that photos on the net just don't have the same effect. I take digital photos and then have them printed with Free Prints. You get like 85 free photos a month or something like that, and only pay the shipping, which comes out to maybe $10 or so.

I haven't for a long time unless its something I want to draw.

I'm remiss in doing this. Have spent entire days, hours backing up photos. So much for being easier. Who hasn't lost a photo due to this new medium? I accidentally resized some of my daughter when she was a kid that ruined the resolution.
I miss old school negative/printing. Treat negatives with respect and they'll last your lifetime.
Days in college spent in the darkroom are some of the happiest in my life. It's unbelievable to me now that when i get the whiff of an old xray machine, with the rotten egg odor, that I'm sentimental about that to the point of tears.

/reminding self of a big monkey on my back...

I also miss the darkroom. Great memories!

My brother is still into analogue photography. I am giving him a lift to pick up an enlarger on saturday

DROOL!!!!!!!! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ x 1,000,000.

@Qualia They are getting really cheep on ebay.

@273kelvin Oh how I'd love one, but it's been soooo long wouldn't know how to set one up with a dark room to any success. That's another thing on my billion thing "to do" list, is take a class to have access.
A friend of mine was telling me how they were throwing out wonderful enlargers from her college. Horrified I asked her why they weren't selling them, "liability" she said. 😟 That killed me.

I do. Mostly to sign autographs for fans at events. I received a large order of prints yesterday actually.

The family photo album will become extinct.

I sometimes print ... One amazing thing about silly megapixels is you can print in pretty good resolution in massive scale..

I sometimes go get A0 or A1 size prints of a good shot. More for media work in the past but sometimes just getting one printed and framed can be nice.

I print some 8x10's for an album, it seems 'more real' than looking at a screen. I'd rather see the Mona Lisa in person than looking at a screen.

Like @vita, I print them out to frame. Each year though I create a digital photo album for my grandson on Shutterfly. I print copies for him, his parents, and all grand and great-grand parents.

Yes definitely starting to become lost life moments by not printing them to view as we pass threw our homes, offices or even wallets. Eventually it will be like we're all archeological diggers threw the cloud to find our lives in the past?I'm guilty of that to myself.?

Boots 35p for small up to £2.50 large

I go on printing jags. The nice thing with digital is you only print what you want. But I bought s bunch of 4x6 photo albums and am slowly filling them up. Nothing can replace sitting together flipping through a photo album.

Unless you want to put an album together I haven't printed pictures with Facebook.

same as @vita, with one addition. I print them out for my mom (since she doesn't know how) when she wants something printed.

Print what? Why?

I only print them when I want to frame them, either for myself or as gifts for someone else.

vita Level 7 Apr 24, 2018

I think they make great gifts to!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65426
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.