Agnostic.com

5 10

LINK Atheist Doctor’s Last Words to His Wife Are “Don’t Call 911”—7 Days Later, He Hears “You’re Going Back”

First? Sure. 👍

Second? I wonder if any of his medical professionals have bothered to explain to him, that there are stages during coma, and that people who hear and/or hear and see x, y and/z, are often (or usually) hearing and/or hearing/seeing things and people near them. 🤔

How they translate those events depends upon the individual.

My son didn't hear and/or see anything, according to him, that wasn't utterly terryfying. He recounted this to his therapist during sessions for PTSD caused by the accident that caused him into a coma. He was 8. There was no lovely light, no welcome wagon to the other side, just people wanting to take him from his mother. His neurologist was excellent. He spent a good deal of time answering his questions regarding death and dying and explaining to him that what he expedient was most likely a dreamlike occurrence or actual memories, albeit confusing and scary, of the many people trying to save his life, not to take him from living.

Given that reality, I'm guessing this guy heard someone pissed that the GrubHub driver forgot their condiments, and was making him go back to get them. 😜😜😜😜

(These stories always make me think, "Ut oh! Some sort of brain damage. Hope it fades with time.) 😬

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh of course, he was diagnosed with a rare form of meningitis.
There are almost countless documented cases where patients suffering from meningitis have been adamant about seeing and conversing with either long dead friends, relatives, famous people, etc, etc.
And the oddest of things I have personally witnessed with a patient suffering with meningitis is,

1. they actually believe that they are NOT human but are disguised birds, or,
  2. and one of the best I might add, that they are completely invisible, and besides numerous others,
  3. and the very best of all, they are agents sent from another invisible civilization that dwelt and ruled the inner Earth since before humans evolved.
    It is a medical fact that when fighting against any huge and life threatening infection, etc, the brain will go "haywire" and create all kinds of images, thoughts and scenarios.
    I have seen somethings almost as totally weird and strange, but only to be expected, happen with long-term Alcoholics as the descend in to and come out of the D. T's as well.

When I was in hospital in an ICU Unit with systemic blood poisoning, septicemia and a temperature of 43.2 C in a delerium, I recall a patient in the bed opposite who was in distress and I tried to get out of bed to help him just before nurses arrived to attend the emergency alarm call.

@ASTRALMAX 43.2 Celsius REALLY, how is that your are still here to tell us about it?
Medically speaking ANY body temperature above 42.5 Celsius is almost ALWAYS fatal as the brain actually begins to boil.

@Triphid I recall 12 days later while in a hospital bed the doctor looking at my chart and shaking his head saying, 'you should not be alive.'

@ASTRALMAX As a nurse I saw that occurrence many a time.
May one enquire as your medical/nursing qualifications please.

@Triphid I am not a nurse or doctor

@ASTRALMAX My questions, etc, answered exactly as I expected, thank you.

@Triphid Kindly clarify your expected answer.

@ASTRALMAX Why, is it way way too complicated for one of your apparent intellect perchance?

@Triphid Its not too complicated. The highest recorded body temperature in which a patient survived is 46 C. Check it. 🙂 However, I do recall at one point wishing I would die.

@ASTRALMAX Oh REALLY and you, I assume, have just graduated as a Registered M.D. then I suppose?
Please advise as to which Veterinary Clinic and where located you will setting up shop.
P.S. I'll drop a little hint/clue. TRY reading, that actually means hold a thing known as a book and reading the print btw, ACTUAL Medical Texts, especially those REQUIRED for Nurses and Doctors.
And also FYI, for 10 months I was at the side of my 15 year old daughter as she fought Lymphatic cancer and ANY body temperature ABOVE 39.4 degrees was still classified as Life Threatening and above 40 degrees was considered as being Extremely Life Threatening or close to becoming FATAL.

Is there not one single writer with talent in their sphere?

It seems NOT.

@SeaGreenEyez If you can't see how hideous it is I cannot possibly explain it to you anymore than I can explain a rainbow to a blind person or a symphony to a worm.
You maybe liked Fifty Shades of Grey?

It must be Groundhog's Day.

If someone recovered from a traumatic brain injury or terminal illness after being in a coma, 'last words' do not apply. It seems to me that last words may only be meaningful if uttered before dying and not temporary loss of consciousness.

My sentiments exactly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:655347
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.