Agnostic.com

12 0

Finish this sentence: AS A KID, WHEN I GREW UP, I WANT TO BE A ?

As Kids or Young adults, most of us had a desire to do something when we grew up.

Is your current Job or Career a Fulfillment of your childhood Dream and why?

I like to ask questions to help me get to know all my community family members!

" For Privacy Purposes, You Don't Have To Be Specific"

Hoping Everyone Has a Great Week ahead!

• 3 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 8 votes
  • 6 votes
twshield 8 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A Nuclear Physicist (what a geek).

When I was growing up (graduated HS in 9176) I though about teaching or nursing, the common occupations for women at that time. My dad shot that down, both were thankless occupations and he wasn't going to pay for my college or help me in anyway. So I joined the Army, then met and married my ex who was a career officer. And then I fell into my fall back job; being a mom. I excelled at being a mom. Kids are growing or grown up and I went to school, got an Associate's degree in Health Information Management. I work with the medical field but don't get barfed on or have to clean up after sick people. I would have done well in nursing, but for the shape I was in at 45 I couldn't have done the work. So no, this isn't my dream job, but I like where I am now and I am hoping to hold on to the hob til I can retire, IF I am still going to be able to retire once the current administration f**ks around with SS and Medicare.

I wanted to be an over the road trucker like my dad. I did it for a while and hated it. I'd be in New Jersey thinking about my yard needing to be mowed in Knoxville. I still work with truckers and mechanics, but I'm not on the road.
My real love is building things. I built my house, and a woodworking shop. I do woodworking as a hobby.

When I was little , I wanted to be a horse. Yes.

Later, I kind of went with the flow, which fortunately landed me in several good jobs of my liking.

No complaints !

When I was quite young I wanted to grow up to be a carpenter. Later, I wanted to be a computer programmer and make games. Today I'm a web developer (with a variety of supplemental skills like logo design, branding, promotional writing, etc.). It's not my dream job, though I'm unsure what my dream job would be.

I was always singing and dancing and wanted to be an actress. My first major in college was acting/theatre arts. That lasted 2 semesters. I graduated with a degree in sociology and a minor in Spanish. I wanted to be a Spanish social worker. However no one speaks Spanish in NH-French yes,Spanish no. Furthermore there was a freeze on hiring in the state. Needless to say I spent the next few years finding what I was good at career wise. It was sales and marketing which I succeeded at until I was forced to retire 5 years ago.

As an adult my dreams were much different from when i was growing up. Mostly I lost those fantastic dreams and was dealing with life's realities.

I am currently doing the job that I worked so hard for, but am finding it a bit less awesome than expected. Scientific innovation is NOT the fruit of corporations. Big companies can be very risk averse, preferring easier, faster, cheaper options to riskier out-of-the-box thinking. Along with that, I am burning out on corporate greed, structure, and ego. Hanging on until the opportunity for change comes (in 18 months or so).

Zster Level 8 Dec 4, 2017

Center fielder for the Stl. Baseball Cardinals!!!!!!!

I ended up having 8 knee surguries on my right knee. Now I have a knee replacement and a plate in my back. Wouldn't do anything differently either. Competing athletically was the only times and places I ever felt that I belonged.

I had no idea what I wanted to do and fell into my dream job. I'm a developer/DBA working on an education platform with about a million logins a day. We're a tiny little company, so I am not paid proportionately to what I do or even my value to the company, but what I get to do is amazing and what I learn on a daily basis still blows my mind.

I was very indecisive when I was younger about what I wanted to be when I got older. I was deciding on a new career path like every few months. I went from Paleontologist, to doctor, to lawyer, to teacher, to biologist, to theoretical physicists.

All I really want to do is to make enough money to support myself and to work a job that I don't absolutely hate.

When I was a kid I wanted to be an architect.

I’m a sec math teacher

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6561
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.